+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Gordon Strachan

Gordon Strachan

First he says he would sign convicted p@edophile Adam Johnson a couple of weeks ago

Now hes been banished from sky for saying if he gets any abuse if he ever gets on a pitch again its the same as racism

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ohnson-remarks

Hes a fud

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    First he says he would sign convicted
    p@edophile Adam Johnson a couple of weeks ago

Now hes been banished from sky for saying if he gets any abuse if he ever gets on a pitch again its the same as racism

https://www.theguardian.com/football...ohnson-remarks

Hes a fud
    He’s in the same category as McGhee for me. Absolutely loved him as a player and will always remember him fondly when wearing a red strip but as a human being, just an arrogant man with a nasty streak

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    He’s in the same category as McGhee for me. Absolutely loved him as a player and will always remember him fondly when wearing a red strip but as a human being, just an arrogant man with a nasty streak
    Cost our club a fortune when he signed for manure, knowing fine well he had already signed for Cologne.....that basically summed his attitude up, don’t get me wrong after initially struggling when he first arrived, he became an excellent player, however, that was a sneaky/snide move by him/agent.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Cost our club a fortune when he signed for manure, knowing fine well he had already signed for Cologne.....that basically summed his attitude up, don’t get me wrong after initially struggling when he first arrived, he became an excellent player, however, that was a sneaky/snide move by him/agent.

SF
    My first footballing hero. Annoying gob****e when he finished playing. Could never really muster any hatred for him. Not even in the same league as his best buddy when it comes to hated ex Don's who haven't played for oldco. Imagine hes ****ed himself a bit for future media work. How will his grandchildrens grandchildren survive

It was a very crass and ill advised comment from Strachan - a man who is not half as clever as he likes to think he is.

Interesting to note Sky say they wont hire him again. He's apologised & as much as I think he can be a smart arsed dickhead, I don't for a second think he meant to upset anyone with his comments.

Strange moral compass Sky seem to have. Making an ill advised comment & very poorly constructed comparison = will no longer be hired by Sky again.

Scouse minker actually spits in the face of a little girl - all caught on camera = just a temporary suspension and then straight back to work as if nothing happened. Nothing to see here.

I know which I think was worse in the grand scheme of things...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post
    It was a very crass and ill advised comment from Strachan - a man who is not half as clever as he likes to think he is.
    Aye, that's my take on it - he was trying to be a smart-arse and failed miserably. I struggle to believe he genuinely equates being a *****phile to being black, I doubt even the average BNP member would go that far, but he thought he'd be clever going for the moral equivalence argument and didn't have the mental capacity to realise what he was saying and what it really meant.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

Strange moral compass Sky seem to have. Making an ill advised comment & very poorly constructed comparison = will no longer be hired by Sky again.

Scouse minker actually spits in the face of a little girl - all caught on camera = just a temporary suspension and then straight back to work as if nothing happened. Nothing to see here.

I know which I think was worse in the grand scheme of things...
    Very good point.

It was also worse than the ***ism by Andy Gray and Richard Keys who also got their jotters

He assaulted a girl for f@ck sake

[QUOTE=The_Moog;39190593]It was a very crass and ill advised comment from Strachan - a man who is not half as clever as he likes to think he is.

Yup - totally agree. He has believed his own publicity - generated by a few well-received quips when being interviewed. Went to his head, thinks he is clever. Tried to prove how clever he is but let down by brain.

Also agree - Carragher was just as bad as Strachan. Shouldnae be on the telly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Very good point.

It was also worse than the ***ism by Andy Gray and Richard Keys who also got their jotters

He assaulted a girl for f@ck sake
    Are we also to assume that Sky will not be showing anymore Liam Neeson films on their movie channel too?

Doubt it.

They are being about as sensible & consistent as the SFA disciplinary panel on this stuff...

Bump.

No, thank you.