+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alex McLeish leaves Scotland Football post

Alex McLeish leaves Scotland Football post

Alex McLeish has left his position as Scotland head coach by mutual consent.

The 60-year-old started a second spell in charge in February last year but has been under pressure because of recent poor results and performances.

Who in their right mind would want to take on this position? I even think Evo would turn this down.

The standard of Scottish footballers coming through is nothing to shout about so, how come Wales bring through so many players?

Also the entire Scottish Football office have been asked to stand down, poor times indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Alex McLeish has left his position as Scotland head coach by mutual consent.

The 60-year-old started a second spell in charge in February last year but has been under pressure because of recent poor results and performances.

Who in their right mind would want to take on this position? I even think Evo would turn this down.

The standard of Scottish footballers coming through is nothing to shout about so, how come Wales bring through so many players?

Also the entire Scottish Football office have been asked to stand down, poor times indeed.
    Joey Barton might be available.

Steve Evans might not be a bad shout although I don't know how he'd cope with being stuck with a poor squad and not being able to replace it every few months with a new one.
    I think they might look for a foreign manager this time. Ronnie Moore is still available 😁