Get your very own personalised Dees Banter gifts!
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: O/t In search of happiness

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,840

    O/t In search of happiness

    What makes you happy.

    Is it overratedbeing being happy for happys sake?.....I'd rather be a healthy grumph than a happy no Weller but can you be a happy grumph?.....I think you can...no happy being a grumph but a happy grumph, a satisfaction that your right but you doubt the world will ever catch up.

    I think golf is the perfect game for a happy grumph, it makes you happy but gives you something to grumph a boot.

    Football isnae a great gemme for a happy grumph, too much grumph too little happiness.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    What makes you happy.

    Is it overratedbeing being happy for happys sake?.....I'd rather be a healthy grumph than a happy no Weller but can you be a happy grumph?.....I think you can...no happy being a grumph but a happy grumph, a satisfaction that your right but you doubt the world will ever catch up.


    I think golf is the perfect game for a happy grumph, it makes you happy but gives you something to grumph a boot.

    Football isnae a great gemme for a happy grumph, too much grumph too little happiness.
    As a former golfer golf used to be a very frustrating game. Some days I could hold nearly every putt and other days I could not ‘buy’ a putt. I remember one time playing at Downfield GC in the Spring meeting I needed to finish 3,5 for an 82. Suddenly everything clicked into gear and I finished 2,3 (birdie,birdie) for a 79.
    One thing I no longer miss is getting up early for a game of golf on Machrie in Islay and taking over four hours to play 18 holes of golf because my playing partners are continually looking for their golf ball in the rough.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,840
    Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    As a former golfer golf used to be a very frustrating game. Some days I could hold nearly every putt and other days I could not ‘buy’ a putt. I remember one time playing at Downfield GC in the Spring meeting I needed to finish 3,5 for an 82. Suddenly everything clicked into gear and I finished 2,3 (birdie,birdie) for a 79.
    One thing I no longer miss is getting up early for a game of golf on Machrie in Islay and taking over four hours to play 18 holes of golf because my playing partners are continually looking for their golf ball in the rough.
    Are you a happy grumph Islay?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    29
    Not living in Monifieth makes me happy...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Are you a happy grumph Islay?
    Probably when I was playing golf. The one thing about playing golf is that it is your own fault if you are playing badly.
    However taking hours to play a round of golf because your playing partners cannot keep their golf ball on the fairway can be very frustrating and it is difficult to keep your concentration levels up.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Nifty 1951 View Post
    Not living in Monifieth makes me happy...
    That wud make victor meldrew happy

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,840
    Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Probably when I was playing golf. The one thing about playing golf is that it is your own fault if you are playing badly.
    However taking hours to play a round of golf because your playing partners cannot keep their golf ball on the fairway can be very frustrating and it is difficult to keep your concentration levels up.
    I was a miserable grumph when working but a happy grumph now i dont.

    You also become more grumpy about inconsequential things....and less grumpy about important things.

    Example.....non toasted rolls at the golf club makes me grumpy......climate change and polar bears looking sad dosent.

    Non raked bunkers (whether in them or not) makes me grumpy.....the Scottish government dosent.

    Hoses been left lying about makes me grumpy.....relegation now dosent.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    632
    I'm not minted by a long shot but comfortable most months ,I don't do the lottery as I genuinely don't think it would make me significantly happier , well maybe short term when I'd go loopy buying expensive ****e that I don't need but after that naw....

    If the wife and kids are happy and not giving me stress I'm good with that ,on the golfing theme slow play made me give it up ,took something like an hour to get to the tee on the third at Campy once with a 4 ball playing in front,should have played through but seemed a bit arsey to do that on the first....!!!...putted out and walked off don't miss it one bit...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    I'm not minted by a long shot but comfortable most months ,I don't do the lottery as I genuinely don't think it would make me significantly happier , well maybe short term when I'd go loopy buying expensive ****e that I don't need but after that naw....

    If the wife and kids are happy and not giving me stress I'm good with that ,on the golfing theme slow play made me give it up ,took something like an hour to get to the tee on the third at Campy once with a 4 ball playing in front,should have played through but seemed a bit arsey to do that on the first....!!!...putted out and walked off don't miss it one bit...
    Interesting theory 're lottery. Despite loving a punt I don't do it, Mrs sunshine who has a fiver on five results on a Saturday does do it.

    Slow play dosenae really bother me but seldom over 3hours 20.

    I've got a notion that once people realise they are gonna die at some point in the not too distant future and they ain't immortal (there can be only one) life gets less complicated.

    Are you grumpy?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    632
    I don't touch fixed odds betting better if you can see prices shortening/ or getting longer and make a decision on that ,I don't even know what the odds are on a lottery jackpot win but probably in the millions ,yes it could happen and it does but based on odds probably not...

    Am I grumpy ,pretty much when I speak to anyone at work and wonder how the phuck they hold a job down..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,840
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudskipper View Post
    I don't touch fixed odds betting better if you can see prices shortening/ or getting longer and make a decision on that ,I don't even know what the odds are on a lottery jackpot win but probably in the millions ,yes it could happen and it does but based on odds probably not...

    Am I grumpy ,pretty much when I speak to anyone at work and wonder how the phuck they hold a job down..
    Think it's 10/1 on two numbers and around 100/1 on 3

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Interesting theory 're lottery. Despite loving a punt I don't do it, Mrs sunshine who has a fiver on five results on a Saturday does do it.

    Slow play dosenae really bother me but seldom over 3hours 20.

    I've got a notion that once people realise they are gonna die at some point in the not too distant future and they ain't immortal (there can be only one) life gets less complicated.

    Are you grumpy?
    You must be one of the early starters or you are playing golf on a short golf course such as the Buddon at Carnoustie.
    What really annoyed me when I was a member of Downfield GC was that the habitually slow golfers did not think that they were slow players. They should have taken a look behind them and noticed that the whole course was jammed up thanks to their inconsiderate slow play.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,840
    Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    You must be one of the early starters or you are playing golf on a short golf course such as the Buddon at Carnoustie.
    What really annoyed me when I was a member of Downfield GC was that the habitually slow golfers did not think that they were slow players. They should have taken a look behind them and noticed that the whole course was jammed up thanks to their inconsiderate slow play.
    I play at Drumoig usually.

    Normal tee time between 9 and 10, bit later today.

    Bank holiday yesterday and still only 3hours 25 for a four ball.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,290
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I play at Drumoig usually.

    Normal tee time between 9 and 10, bit later today.

    Bank holiday yesterday and still only 3hours 25 for a four ball.
    How many members are there at Drumoig.
    3 hours 25 minutes is good going for a fourball. You obviously were not held up by any slow coach golfers.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,840
    Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    How many members are there at Drumoig.
    3 hours 25 minutes is good going for a fourball. You obviously were not held up by any slow coach golfers.
    Not certain Islay around 400 rings a bell but cud be wrong....it's never really rammed full apart from morning weekends in the summer.

    Can play pm and have the course to yourself sometimes.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •