+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Leeds United - v - Wigan Athletic ***Matchday Thread***

Been going to Elland Rd. since the '50, so disappointment and let downs is nothing new to me. I live in France now, retired and unable to go and in some ways grateful for that. This possession stuff may look great but it's a bit like Ali's "Rope a Dope". It's no good having possession if no punch and if a 10 man, near League 1 team can play "Rope a Dope" and win then what chance against the better teams. Championship next season and a few more after that.

If Harrison starts I'm not even watching the Brentford game.
    Last edited by denver11; 20-04-2019 at 07:28 AM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Francewhite View Post
    Been going to Elland Rd. since the '50, so disappointment and let downs is nothing new to me. I live in France now, retired and unable to go and in some ways grateful for that. This possession stuff may look great but it's a bit like Ali's "Rope a Dope". It's no good having possession if no punch and if a 10 man, near League 1 team can play "Rope a Dope" and win then what chance against the better teams. Championship next season and a few more after that.
    Colchester fa cup sunderland fa cup histon fa cup sutton fa cup newport fa cup loads more i was at but yesterday ranks right up there it was a complete shambles i hate players with a passion who bottle it totally bottle it scared of the ball decision making because of the pressure
    Bollox to pressure you should love it big games big atmosphere should bring the best out of you not bloody hide that lot yesterday should take a look at Ronaldo and watch how he handles the pressure Bigger the the game bring it on he steps up a complete winner

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    We could support them because there's still 3 games to play, just a thought like......
    What do you think the tens of thousands who were at ER yesterday (and have been EVERY game for DECADES), were doing? Supporting. What do you think the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS who like me were watching, listening were doing? Supporting. All were hoping that a team made up of highly paid professional footballers would realise that this game, this particular game, was of particular significance and then, when given an advantage we almost never get, they might just deliver a result WE deserved. Didn't happen.

So we support, no matter what opinions we might have about players, tactics, management. When will we be rewarded with any of those things that deserve our support?

Amen to that, totally agree.

This season is life changing it is a turning point in our history
    We have to go up
    God knows what will happen if we dont
    Just cannot think about that
    Having said that i have to give credit to Wilder what he has done is just incredible with some of them players most are just journey men

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    What do you think the tens of thousands who were at ER yesterday (and have been EVERY game for DECADES), were doing? Supporting. What do you think the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS who like me were watching, listening were doing? Supporting. All were hoping that a team made up of highly paid professional footballers would realise that this game, this particular game, was of particular significance and then, when given an advantage we almost never get, they might just deliver a result WE deserved. Didn't happen.

So we support, no matter what opinions we might have about players, tactics, management. When will we be rewarded with any of those things that deserve our support?

You asked the question, so what do we do
    other than support them FFS.

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    You asked the question, so what do we do
    other than support them FFS.
    That's it in a nutshell. Or to turn the question around a bit, how many of us will stop supporting LUFC if we don't go up this season? Personally I have no choice now but to carry on, it's in my blood and that's the (unfortunate?) truth.

And back to yesterday, yes it was a poor performance, and yes of course we should be beating teams like Wigan, at home, with them a man down etc etc, but sometimes it's as much about rank bad luck (as it is good luck - Roofe's Forest 'goal', BPF saving Reading's penalty, injury time winners/equalisers and so on) as anything else. On another day Pablo would have buried the pen (although admittedly he does have a bit of form for poor pens...), the ball would have fallen kindly for us in their box, one of those speculative strikes would have connected and Alioski/Pablo/Harrison would have been a hero, their striker didn't connect perfectly with both of his only two chances (like the Sheff Wed player who missed last week for example). In the end, and I hate to repeat the old cliche, but this is why football is more often than not, for the vast majority of supporters up and down the country, a painful experience at least as often as it is a pleasure.

I feel sick right now, but come next August, whatever division we're in, whoever is manager, whoever is lining up for us (i.e. regardless of who's been sold/bought), I'll still be desperate for us to win, like I will be every LUFC game until my dying day.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)