+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Massive weekend....

I think its more a case of not having any other decent options, so plugging a gap is the reason for his inclusion. If we have any ambition, we need to look elsewhere for genuine quality, rather than hoping that he might be alright.

Inclined to agree with MA on this one.
    Still only 22 and he does at least have the right attitude...Bennett not MA!
    Not his fault he hasn’t been used in his favoured position and he’s presumably cheaper than most so I feel we should persevere with him for a while longer.
    Unfortunately it means our three remaining likely strikers - Marriott, Waghorn and Bennett - will all be very similar...stocky, powerful and pacey but with no aerial presence between them.
    Love to see how they perform playing alongside a big target man.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 25-04-2019 at 12:27 PM.

Agreeing with MA and rA on this which is why I would stick him up top and tell him to be a pain in the arse to their central defenders! They know nowt about him which may allow him the opportunity to cause enough disruption for Wilson and Marriott to cash in!!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Inclined to agree with MA on this one.
    Still only 22 and he does at least have the right attitude...Bennett not MA!
    Not his fault he hasn’t been used in his favoured position and he’s presumably cheaper than most so I feel we should persevere with him for a while longer.
    Unfortunately it means our three remaining likely strikers - Marriott, Waghorn and Bennett - will all be very similar...stocky, powerful and pacey but with no aerial presence between them.
    Love to see how they perform playing alongside a big target man.
    Another lesson from history: our best ever target man was by no means big, but as well as being damned good with his back to goal he had GREAT SERVICE from midfield. I'm talking John O'Hare of course, served with distinction for many years by Alan Durban and by other quality midfielders thereafter. And the ball generally went anywhere APART FROM head height, usually to feet although he was good with his chest too. I think Waghorn for certain has a good level of control and could be used as a target/layoff man in the same way, with Marriott feeding off him, IF IF IF the midfield could provide some quality service.

Bennett, who I love forhis commitment, could still be supersub to the above

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)