+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: As you were...

Taking a positive out of today we didnt help our neighbours much with their promotion push, their fate may just come down to the final day in a tasty looking head to head with MKdonalds i dont know who id rather lose that one!!

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I made this point on another thread, that he most likely hasn't been sacked for that very reason.
    This is exactly why he hasn't been sacked imo, he's been far worse than anyone else we've had this season and the excuse of "we've got to stick with someone eventually" is a load of cr*p, you do whatever gives the club the biggest chance of staying up and someone else at the helm would give us the biggest shot imo.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Taking a positive out of today we didnt help our neighbours much with their promotion push, their fate may just come down to the final day in a tasty looking head to head with MKdonalds i dont know who id rather lose that one!!
    Mansfield are going up. That's as clear as the fact we're going down.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Mansfield are going up. That's as clear as the fact we're going down.
    sort of balances out, really.

Over 2k more spectators at Notts than at Mansfield today and yet we're about to fall two divisions behind them.

Over 2k more spectators at Notts than at Mansfield today and yet we're about to fall two divisions behind them.
    And that's probably wearing your most optimistic glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by M1cksut View Post
    sort of balances out, really.
    I don't think you've played in a higher division than us at any point in my life, and I'm in my mid thirties. And we've been awful for going on decades. So yeah, congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I don't think you've played in a higher division than us at any point in my life, and I'm in my mid thirties. And we've been awful for going on decades. So yeah, congratulations.
    I'm pretty sure it will be the first time since 1970/71.

I'm pretty sure it will be the first time since 1970/71.
    That set me thinking. 1970/71 was a great season or Notts as Jimmy's revolution go under way. Worthy champions of th Fourth Division with a record or two broken along the way. Mansfield finished 7th in the Third Division that year.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12