+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Wigan, Reading and Millwall all had one thing in common they strengthened during the transfer window. we didn't apart from Crookes. Its was all a bit inevitable really. Don't think you can blame warney or the players they gave their best. Minimum now of 7 points needed from last 3 games to have a chance. It aint gonna happen is it?

Not down yet win on Monday and who knows.
    Really went for it second half left us wide open.
    3 points needed Monday.

We score 3 goals and still nothing. We need to improve defensively. How many times have we said that over the last few seasons. What needs to improve, Coaching? or Players?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Well the lid's on and Monday could see the final nails being hammered in. We gave it a good go today but for once the other results have gone against us and as pointed out on many occasions you can't afford to give away as many goals as we do and survive at this level. Nothing to lose now over the last 3 games.

Thoughts?
    A win on Monday and we're right back in it.

The thing our management team have based the team on is a fantastic goalkeeper. Today we've come up against a goalkeeper who has pulled out at least 3 top class saves.

Was it handball? The reaction of our players and the hight of the ball as it went through makes you think 100% yes!

As Ackworth said we can't concede 4 goals and expect us to get owt out of a game but today I think that a draw would have been a fair result.

It's the first time that I've seen Smith kept quiet but he could have had one near the end and he set up Crooks who's header was brilliantly saved.

We're not out of this yet!

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    the blow monkeys- it didn't have to be this way ( if we had invested in the transfer market)
    “The winner takes it all.....the loser has to fall.....”

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    A win on Monday and we're right back in it.

The thing our management team have based the team on is a fantastic goalkeeper. Today we've come up against a goalkeeper who has pulled out at least 3 top class saves.

Was it handball? The reaction of our players and the hight of the ball as it went through makes you think 100% yes!

As Ackworth said we can't concede 4 goals and expect us to get owt out of a game but today I think that a draw would have been a fair result.

It's the first time that I've seen Smith kept quiet but he could have had one near the end and he set up Crooks who's header was brilliantly saved.

We're not out of this yet!
    Agree Frog!! We must keep fighting for every point. UTM!!

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Wigan, Reading and Millwall all had one thing in common they strengthened during the transfer window. we didn't apart from Crookes. Its was all a bit inevitable really. Don't think you can blame warney or the players they gave their best. Minimum now of 7 points needed from last 3 games to have a chance. It aint gonna happen is it?
    Yep, the players gave their best, but once again it wasn't good enough - we can't defend, even against a team with nothing really to play for, and continue to miss many goalscoring chances. If we had been down to 10-men and losing against Leeds, I suspect that, unlike Wigan, we would have lost by a big score. Nobody in the current team is anywhere near as good as say McIntosh, Swailes, Arnie, Craig Morgan, Frecklington, Alan Lee, ALF, Mark Robins, which is the standard needed to just to survive. We've tried to bluff our way through with cheap cast-offs, many of who have poor injury records. That strategy has failed. I'll be at the match on Monday, although hoping for a miracle really.

I'm sorry. Sorry in the sense that I don't like falling out with people. But you lads just don't get it; you don't see it. The Championship is - depending on how you judge it - either the 3rd or 5th biggest league in Europe. And we give the manager's job to a fitness coach with no experience. Experienced managers with a track record working in lower leagues must wonder wtf. But the wtf is all about the cheap option. And as for Tony Stewart; "lessons have been learned". What lessons? The lesson that you can survive in the Championship on peanuts. As I said last week; garbage. Not the team, not the players but the ethos informing this club.

Could have spent a bit more money to stay up without breaking the bank I think.

Don't go mad and end up skint but spend a bit more to gain a lot more.

Teams we will be playing for sure next season mathematically if we do drop to league 1 as is on the cards: Blackpool, Oxford, Bolton, Ipswich and Lincoln

We will need to hold on to warney and if anyone was to go player wise I would sell Ajayi (too inconsistent). I suspect vaulks will go as well.

Will we have a top 5 budget? Instead of a bottom budget this year?
    Last edited by rolymiller; 19-04-2019 at 04:44 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast