+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Could have spent a bit more money to stay up without breaking the bank I think.

Don't go mad and end up skint but spend a bit more to gain a lot more.
    If it was as simple as that wouldn't every team in the football league do it and then nobody would be relegated? There's as much evidence that spending your way out of trouble doesn't work, as is there to cover Wendun's point, that having an experienced manager is not necessarily a sure fire way of guaranteeing success.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    If it was as simple as that wouldn't every team in the football league do it and then nobody would be relegated? There's as much evidence that spending your way out of trouble doesn't work, as is there to cover Wendun's point, that having an experienced manager is not necessarily a sure fire way of guaranteeing success.
    Not a guarantee but surely worth a small investment for the potentially much bigger reward of staying in the Championship?

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    We score 3 goals and still nothing. We need to improve defensively. How many times have we said that over the last few seasons. What needs to improve, Coaching? or Players?
    Been laughed at before about this, but I still believe the management team needs a defensive coach.

We’ve got Warne a midfielder and winger of sorts, Barker a forward, Hamshaw a midfielder and Pollitt a keeper.

No real dyed in the wool defender in the coaching team.

We play 4-5-1 and still ship goals.

We also need to look at the roles of Newell, Forde, Williams and Taylor. None of them can really tackle and often they leave the full backs exposed.

But then again a defensive coach would spot that deficiency.

Chairmans fault for not backing the manager in January. But don't worry the chairman will sell sell semi a d vaults to make up any shortfall in Rotherham dropping down a league. Ps we are not down yet it will be difficult but you never know.

Can't believe all the reports about today match "heroic performance" etc.

Wigan winning at Leeds with 10 men is heroic!

Let's get real guys, we are down but we gave it everything.

Just hope Warney is more positive next year

Barring a miracle I think we are done for.

I know we can look back and say what if but the last two games showed me the difference in quality.

As well as we played in the last two games we just couldn’t manage to get over the line against Stoke or Swansea, admittedly two ex Premiership teams, but two teams who had absolutely nothing to play for.

Compare that with Wigan’s last two games, at home to Norwich who they were very unfortunate not to beat, and then today even after going down to ten men, pulled off an absolutely sensational result at Leeds and fair play to them. The good thing about that is that It keeps the Blades 2nd and I hope that remains the case.

I am not complaining and we have been up against it budgetwise so if we go down we are in a far better place than last time and I would expect us , like Barnsley this season, to be among the front runners again. However that discussion is for another day. All is not quite lost but we are now really at last chance saloon.

IBS, how many times have Swansea conceded 3 goals at home this season?
    I would guess none, so given the respective budgets, a pretty fine effort by the team today.
    And no....we are not relegated yet, it's a good job the players don't think like our "fans" on here.

Just coming back on train with about ten others.
    We didn't deserve to lose today and Swansea were hanging on for the last 15 mins. We had good chances to make it 4-4 but didn't take them. That's the story of our season.
    When Swansea had chances they had enough quality to make them count.
    But as with a lot of games we gave them a real test.
    I don't know whether it was handball as it was down the other end but our bench was incensed and someone got sent off.

It is stacked against us now particularly the goal diff and game in hand. Can't give up until it's over though
    Wigan have shown how to pull a rabbit out of the hat. We missed our chance to do that at Stoke

fantastic goalkeeper ha ha ha ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    A win on Monday and we're right back in it.

The thing our management team have based the team on is a fantastic goalkeeper. Today we've come up against a goalkeeper who has pulled out at least 3 top class saves.

Was it handball? The reaction of our players and the hight of the ball as it went through makes you think 100% yes!

As Ackworth said we can't concede 4 goals and expect us to get owt out of a game but today I think that a draw would have been a fair result.

It's the first time that I've seen Smith kept quiet but he could have had one near the end and he set up Crooks who's header was brilliantly saved.

We're not out of this yet!
    Look at the goals against column, he is the worst goalkeeper in the league, he cannot deal with a cross at all, the defence therefore have no confidence in him. We need our own experienced goalkeeper next season, not a kid learning his trade at our expense

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast