+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

I thought it was Brilliant effort from the lads. We all know the quality of Swansea and we really wound them up. Great to see us scoring first and replying straight away when they equalised. If only they could hold out for the first 15 minutes of the second half.
    Rodak makes some good saves but he really needs to come off his line. I thought he should have done better with the first goal and come for it. It seems we have become susceptible on crosses for some reason and we are a big side. Smith was well looked after today Vaulks was a bit under par but scored a good goal and had another good chance palmed away. Ajayi had to be subbed as they were urging the ref to send him off, but he was in his invisible mode. But overall I wouldn't be overly critical of anyone. Crooks was MOM for me again scored used they ball well and caused them a load of trouble. It looks as though that's the relegation result, with Wigan winning, but let's go down fighting if we have to go down.

Is that a wind up with the Rodak comments?
    It is isn't it. You nearly had me there

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Is that a wind up with the Rodak comments?
    It is isn't it. You nearly had me there
    Well as Grist has said on many occasions, do we need a defensive coach which I would guess, although I'm no expert, would involve getting the defensive 4 + goalkeeper working together as a unit. Only one team in the entire football league have conceded more goals than us and they won't be in the football league much longer

Defensive coaching might help but someone appears to be implying that Rodak is hopeless hence my assumption he's one of the wind up posse on here

The Liberty stadium has two large screens showing live footage of the match and replays. The only replay they didn't show is their third goal which was allegedly handball......strange they chose not to show it and give the ref the opportunity to change his mind eh

Also as soon as Wigan took the lead at Leeds they showed it on the big screen
    Last edited by flourbasher; 19-04-2019 at 06:01 PM.

When does Millwall play at Bristol City- must be after our West Brom match. So I don't think we can be mathematically down before next Saturday's fixtures.
    Could be another twist to it all, but I feel, at moment, that it is it.
    Remember, Swansea and Stoke still have many premiership experienced players, but we have raised our hopes and expectations have risen, that we go to these places and win.
    Last edited by brassgnat; 19-04-2019 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by brassgnat View Post
    When does Millwall play at Bristol City- must be after our West Brom match. So I don't think we can be mathematically down before next Saturday's fixtures.
    Could be another twist to it all, but I feel, at moment, that it is it.
    Excuse the re-post but I put this on the "last 3 games" thread:

"Worst case scenario:

We lose on Monday and Millwall, Wigan and Reading win.
    We then couldn't catch Wigan and Reading. We could possibly catch Millwall on points but would have a GD of at least 16 worse than them.
    Even if Wigan and Reading drew we could again catch them on points but would be at least 11 GD worse off than those two clubs.

Best Case scenario:

We win our next two games.
    Wigan lose their next two games
    Millwall lose their next 3 games
    We go into our final game 3 points ahead of Millwall and one point ahead of Wigan.
    Because Wigan and Millwall play each other we are bound to finish above one of them.
    We would be safe with a game to spare.

OK - the best case scenario is beyond our wildest dreams. I'm just pointing out that two of the permutations are:

We are down Monday - virtually if not mathematically
    We are actually safe after hammering West Brom away"

So - you're right we can't mathematically be down on Monday but if we lose and the others all win we would have to get back 16 GD on Millwall. Not really likely

Disappointing that PW took so long to bring willo and wiles on as subs. Should have come on at 60 mins to push them back and stop them breaking forward so much

Willo should start in my view

Having just seen the highlights I think we were desperately unlucky. Just not getting the rub of the green. We looked like we were going to score every time we went forward.

Millwall are at Villa on Monday in the early start so we will know their result by the time we kick off. Either way it’s a must win.
    Can’t believe Wigan won at Leeds though.

Grist. I agree defensive coaching is not good enough but qualified coaches should cover all aspects of teamwork. Begs the question how good Warne's mates are. Correct me if I'm wrong but, if it happens, wont this be the fifth relegation on Barker's illustrious (?) CV ?

Result apart a decent day out. Good value for money and 7 goals. Decent Stadium and Stewards I spoke to were friendly.
    When you see Wayne Routledge one side, Daniel James the other, Matt Grimes and a big physical Centre-Forward called Olly McBurnie then you know it’s going to be a tough game.
    We defended well first half for 35mins. Out of the bottom three, back in out /in courtesy of Wigans ten men.
    Not sure who was more shocked at going in 2-1 up at halftime Swansea or us.
    Second half City stepped it up a gear and our usual downfall was conceding 5mins into the second half. 3-2....4-2....heads could have dropped, they didn’t, we kept battling yet still came up short. Their MotM was their goalkeeper, two saves from Smith and Crooks top drawer. My MotM Matt Crooks.
    On the way out of the City we switched the radio on, broadcasting was a phone 📞 in program like Dee Dars do, a Swansea fan came on and said we deserved a point, I had to agree, unfortunately you don’t always get what you deserve.

Up the Millers
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 20-04-2019 at 05:30 AM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast