+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Swansea City Post Match Thoughts

Fair play to our relegation rivals, they are picking up some tremendous results just when needed. Sounds like we are giving everything to the cause, but someone has to come up short, and this time it looks like it being us.
    No shame in losing out to clubs who have spent fortunes. How many points did we finish behind Wigan last season?
    Well done to everyone who made that hellish road trip, sounds like the team did us proud.

Sorry jocks but I don't agree. We failed to pressure an under-pressure Derby and ended up making them look like world beaters, we played two mid-table sides with nothing to play for, gave one a 2 goal start and in both games failed to take our chances. I may be seeing a different game to many but all season imo we have opted for negativity, holding on and not putting teams away. Consistent poor game management and I will see how things work out next season.

Respect your opinion, but we are playing well above our pay grade. True, we have run out of steam at the end of matches, but the beast teams grind you down, and it's no coincidence that the top teams score so many late goals.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Sorry jocks but I don't agree. We failed to pressure an under-pressure Derby and ended up making them look like world beaters, we played two mid-table sides with nothing to play for, gave one a 2 goal start and in both games failed to take our chances. I may be seeing a different game to many but all season imo we have opted for negativity, holding on and not putting teams away. Consistent poor game management and I will see how things work out next season.
    Next season?
    Just enjoy games knowing that if we're good enough and lucky enough (we'll need that as always) to go back up, that we wont be investing daft money and will definately have another go on the cheap..on the other hand we could be in league 1 for ten years..who knows ?

Still can't tell if 3rd goal is hand ball. Go to 9mins in on this video.
    https://youtu.be/NTH6Bw-i6ys

These are better extended highlights https://youtu.be/kFw4mJOCBTs
    5mins 45 to the Byers goal.

Thoughts?

We let in 4 goals despite playing a defensive 4-5-1

Says a lot.

It wasn't defensive Grist. We attacked them at every opportunity like we did to Stoke with all the midfielders bombing on.
    Maybe we should have had more conviction earlier in the season away from home.

Williams came on too late and as soon as he did Swansea couldn't get out of their own half. If they managed to hoof it forward.....sounds familiar .....it was met with huge applause from the home fans as they knew they were under the cosh.

Swans fans I spoke to on way out all said RUFC played very well and as good as anyone to visit their ground this season

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    These are better extended highlights https://youtu.be/kFw4mJOCBTs
    5mins 45 to the Byers goal.
    Kyle Naughton has already admitted twice that he handled the ball as it came through from Byers. Hard to tell from the away end and from tv footage but he did handle it . Only Swansea goal they didn’t show on the big screen as well.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    It wasn't defensive Grist. We attacked them at every opportunity like we did to Stoke with all the midfielders bombing on.
    Maybe we should have had more conviction earlier in the season away from home.

Williams came on too late and as soon as he did Swansea couldn't get out of their own half. If they managed to hoof it forward.....sounds familiar .....it was met with huge applause from the home fans as they knew they were under the cosh.

Swans fans I spoke to on way out all said RUFC played very well and as good as anyone to visit their ground this season
    71% possession doesn't sound like Swansea were under the cosh.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast