+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Next manager?

I know Rafa’s still here and most of us hope he’ll sign a new deal, but deep down we all know what’s ahead and that will be Rafa leaving on June 30th.

Is there another manager out there that NUFC could line up to stop the fans completely losing their sh1t when Rafa departs?

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneymcRingRing View Post

Is there another manager out there that NUFC could line up to stop the fans completely losing their sh1t when Rafa departs?
    No.

I'm not saying our next manager will be a shit no-mark who couldn't get a job anywhere else-Kinnear, Pardew, McClaren (admittedly not a no-mark). Carver but almost definitely someone like the Huddersfield or Southampton managers who no-one had ever heard of.

Yes, I know we attracted Rafa but after the way we treated him, which self-respecting manager would want to come here?

I think folk may find out exactly how good Rafa is when a new guy comes in and we're rooted to the bottom of the league.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    No.

I'm not saying our next manager will be a shit no-mark who couldn't get a job anywhere else-Kinnear, Pardew, McClaren (admittedly not a no-mark). Carver but almost definitely someone like the Huddersfield or Southampton managers who no-one had ever heard of.

Yes, I know we attracted Rafa but after the way we treated him, which self-respecting manager would want to come here?

I think folk may find out exactly how good Rafa is when a new guy comes in and we're rooted to the bottom of the league.
    Unfortunately for us that would be. The case would be as it was twice before, that Ashley would have to dig deep into his pockets to hope to return us in one season back to the Prem.

When will the loon ever discover that overall, it's cheaper to invest in success than it is to continiously subsidise failure.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    The case would be as it was twice before, that Ashley would have to dig deep into his pockets to hope to return us in one season back to the Prem.
    He didn't spend a penny last time though Pat.Rafa turned him a 30m profit that season.
    One thing needs to change before this club can ever look forward with hope and optimism and we all know what that is.

Also when Rafa leaves l I dont think the fans will do anything.They didn't after Keegan was treat like sh1te and they wont now.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    Also when Rafa leaves l I dont think the fans will do anything.They didn't after Keegan was treat like sh1te and they wont now.
    You would think that they would realise, the fans that is, what powers they ultimately have.

I suppose eventually it will come to a head but in the mean while Ashley is getting all his own way and more on top and it goes on and on as he nibbles away at what little there is left.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    However, there was still hope then - that hope has been ground out mostly now.

I think (hope) we'll see some real anger.

As to is their anybody - No i don't think so.

We're in trouble when he goes, we can all see that, all pundits have said that, players have hinted at. . . the only people who haven't taken a blind bit of notice are the ones who needed to.

If Rafa goes I think there'll be many a manager queuing up to take on this job.

JFK, Carver, McLaren, Moyes, pardew, Hughes, mcleish....

Form an orderly queue lads!

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    If Rafa goes I think there'll be many a manager queuing up to take on this job.
    Agreed.... & we wont know who any are !!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)