+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Last 3 games...

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    4 points needed so no we don't need 3 wins. A win and a draw could be plenty. Time will tell.
    Fat lady takes to the stage. ???
    Disagree cayton, two wins minimum.
    Just can’t see Wigan or Millwall slipping up at this late stage.
    Villa to beat Millwall Monday.....
    Us to beat Birmingham to at least put Millwall under pressure for the next two games.
    Anything less than a win on Monday would in my opinion be unacceptable.
    At least go down fighting like we did second half at Stoke and today at Swansea.

The fat lady may be about to take to the stage.

Stick the fat lady on our goal line, she might block a few of these daft goals we’re giving away

Some on here are like those desperate family members who won't let the doctors switch of the life support system. We don't belong in the Championship and I'm sure few will mourn our relegation.

For all the Savage criticism of the owners and staff, we will go down with an half decent squad and the back up to compete again next season. I'm looking forward to winning a few more football matches.

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    For all the Savage criticism of the owners and staff, we will go down with an half decent squad and the back up to compete again next season. I'm looking forward to winning a few more football matches.
    I don't accept that the criticism is "savage", jocks nor does it extend to the staff. My view is that TS brought it on himself by creating a scenario of a competitive Championship team and repeatedly stating the "money is there". My criticisms of Warne are (in my opinion) a corrective to the adulation heaped on him by many on here. 4 or 5 weaknesses in selection, tactics, approach and game management which are all down at least in part to the manager have contributed to our relegation. I can't prove it but I remain of the opinion that under Warnock we would have at least 12 points more.

There really isn't anything we can do but discuss the matter in hand! To get wound up about it can't help anyone but to be upset about it is completely normal.

Worserer things happened to me yesterday than losing a game of football but nowt serious. Today is another day and we're still in with a chance of staying up. I'm the type of guy who'll take that chance, hold on to it for as long as I can and hope that those around me are as positive.

Look! Whichever way we may look at it we're fighting above our weight here. The players have done wonders albeit some better than others but as a team they've been terrific for the majority of the season.

I'll be as upset as the next guy if we go down but I'm already of the thinking that if we do go down then I'm looking for a title next season and not a trip to Wembley.

As I said at the start, there isn't anything we can do about it!

I understand people’s frustrations on here.
    We simply are a very small fish in a big pond.
    I do think it’s earlier on in the season that’s cost us.
    Yesterday we really went for it but come up short. Earlier on in the season we didn’t go for it against lesser teams. That’s where we have failed imo.
    What I don’t agree with though is blaming TS.
    Without knowing all the facts who’s to say we could have signed a certain player but Warne said no.

If the Millers do take the drop it's not the end of the world guys .

No reason why Rotherham can't be up there next season in League One competing for promotion .

Our squad other than Cauley Woodrow this is almost the same group who couldn't win a game of football last season in the championship to save their lives .

We've lost one game in the last 23 by comparison in League One .

Even playing at 40% of our ability is enough to win some games at this level it's so poor .

Yes it's disappointing to take the drop but I've enjoyed this season in League One far better than I did last season by a country mile .

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Disagree cayton, two wins minimum.
    Just can’t see Wigan or Millwall slipping up at this late stage.
    Villa to beat Millwall Monday.....
    Us to beat Birmingham to at least put Millwall under pressure for the next two games.
    Anything less than a win on Monday would in my opinion be unacceptable.
    At least go down fighting like we did second half at Stoke and today at Swansea.

The fat lady may be about to take to the stage.
    The point I was trying to make was were only 3 points behind (4 with goal difference) so there's a possibility a win and a draw would keep us up
    Personally don't think 2 wins will be enough as the damage has already been done by Millwall/Wigan/reading.

So I will have to spend the summer kicking the dog and sulking.
    On a slight (very very slight) positive note. I win a half of shandy from yourself over the towell bet...

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    If the Millers do take the drop it's not the end of the world guys .

No reason why Rotherham can't be up there next season in League One competing for promotion .

Our squad other than Cauley Woodrow this is almost the same group who couldn't win a game of football last season in the championship to save their lives .

We've lost one game in the last 23 by comparison in League One .

Even playing at 40% of our ability is enough to win some games at this level it's so poor .

Yes it's disappointing to take the drop but I've enjoyed this season in League One far better than I did last season by a country mile .
    Tbh m8. This is our 7th year at NYS and from those 7 years the last 4 month of Warnock's reign was the best closely followed by the two season in league one...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast