+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Last 3 games...

Worst case scenario:

We lose on Monday and Millwall, Wigan and Reading win.
    We then couldn't catch Wigan and Reading. We could possibly catch Millwall on points but would have a GD of at least 16 worse than them.
    Even if Wigan and Reading drew we could again catch them on points but would be at least 11 GD worse off than those two clubs.

Best Case scenario:

We win our next two games.
    Wigan lose their next two games
    Millwall lose their next 3 games
    We go into our final game 3 points ahead of Millwall and one point ahead of Wigan.
    Because Wigan and Millwall play each other we are bound to finish above one of them.
    We would be safe with a game to spare.

OK - the best case scenario is beyond our wildest dreams. I'm just pointing out that two of the permutations are:

We are down Monday - virtually if not mathematically
    We are actually safe after hammering West Brom away
    Last edited by wrinkly; 19-04-2019 at 05:31 PM.

Millwall are almost certain to grind out enough points now to be safe. Wigan's win today has killed us and they're better than us anyway.

Timbertop ...wigan are the worst team i have seen all season .. how on earth they have just got 4 points out of the last 2 games god only knows .. there are still 9 points to play for . tough ask yes .impossible no ... we need to win monday . millwall and wigan to lose .. and its game again .

Against us I'd agree Don but they've been miles better in other games I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    We have no choice really but to go all out for 3 wins so 4 4 2 and go for it Mr Warne. Hell for leather, 90 plus mins. We can't defend so we need to aim to score one more than middlesboro, W Brom and Birmingham by the final whistles. Don't think we have won 2 on the trot all season let alone 3. Easy eh?
    Dear me. A season, a whole season of missed opportunities and still the deluded think the great Warney will pull some deranged rabbit out of his hat. And the idea that any - repeat ANY - league club is going to come in and steal PW from us is frigging laughable. The guy is a mediocrity without the b*lls to tell TS what was needed to keep us up.

Mods
    Any chance of starting a special thread for 'I told you so "
    'We were down before a ball was kicked"
    "Warney,s worse than Stubbs"

Looks like the prophets of wisdom have resurfaced a match or two earlier than expected

Compared to the depth of investment in new players we’ve had it’s been a successful season

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Mods
    Any chance of starting a special thread for 'I told you so "
    'We were down before a ball was kicked"
    "Warney,s worse than Stubbs"

Looks like the prophets of wisdom have resurfaced a match or two earlier than expected
    Not quite if I remember right you were predicting we would finish bottom

Erm I don't think so silly. You've got me mixed up with someone else
    I've never ever said we'd go down this season and never will although after today I think it's going to be really tough to escape

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Dear me. A season, a whole season of missed opportunities and still the deluded think the great Warney will pull some deranged rabbit out of his hat. And the idea that any - repeat ANY - league club is going to come in and steal PW from us is frigging laughable. The guy is a mediocrity without the b*lls to tell TS what was needed to keep us up.
    Ok wendun we here you mate but you have to take all things in perspective.

Warny is not the best manager the club has ever had, he is not even close to being in the top 4 or 5 in my lifetime watching the millers. HOWEVER, he is new to the job and has very little experience as the head man. He lacks a little bit in tactical nous and maybe he is a little scared of handling big personalities but all that will change the longer he is in the job.

For me I would sign him to a 5 year deal tomorrow because I think he is the right man for the job and with the experience he will gain over the next 2 years I can see him becoming the best manager I have seen at Rotherham.

UTM

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast