+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: He's simply gotta

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    The notion was not aimed at you, you just decided it was for some reason. The notion was aimed towards 'some Notts fans' that I think take into account a players skin colour and/or background when judging a player and the fact that we have had far more black players be labelled (imo unfairly) as lazy than we have had white players called lazy when they've been very similar in the way they play. 'Some Notts fans' were the words I used, so why it was then decided obviously I mean anyone who thinks a black and/or foreign player isn't very good must be a racist is bizarre. I remember a member of this forum questioning Andre Boucaud being able to handle the cold weather at one point despite the fact he grew up in London and being laughed at by someone else when it was pointed out to him.

It's like the argument between Will Self and Mark Francois on Brexit;

People got their knickers in a twist for some reason as if the mere suggestion Notts could have any slightly racist fans was the most ludicrous thing they'd ever heard.
    You did imply that we might be saying we think Enzio is lazy cause he's black which is nonsense, it's because he's lazy sometimes. You also listed other black players you said we probably thought we lazy cause they were black, one being Aborah who was also lazy. Personally I think it's players who are meant to be 'skillful' who are lazy, black or white. Rammage and Caskey two other examples. You get into dangerous territory with this kind of talk as people who want to say some player is lazy and happens to be black have to think hang on will I be construed as racist if I say that. It's not nice to bandy about the thought that you think some people think lazy players are lazy cause of their skin colour. Anyway I'm off to bed, I'm very rock and roll thesedays.

Apologies to Freeman about the wrong identification.

Night chaps.

The notion was not aimed at you, you just decided it was for some reason. The notion was aimed towards 'some Notts fans' that I think take into account a players skin colour and/or background when judging a player and the fact that we have had far more black players be labelled (imo unfairly) as lazy than we have had white players called lazy when they've been very similar in the way they play. 'Some Notts fans' were the words I used, so why it was then decided obviously I mean anyone who thinks a black and/or foreign player isn't very good must be a racist is bizarre. I remember a member of this forum questioning Andre Boucaud being able to handle the cold weather at one point despite the fact he grew up in London and being laughed at by someone else when it was pointed out to him.

People got their knickers in a twist for some reason as if the mere suggestion Notts could have any slightly racist fans was the most ludicrous thing they'd ever heard.
    It was aimed at me Delroy. I reserve the right to aim to criticize any player who plays for the club I love.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    You did imply that we might be saying we think Enzio is lazy cause he's black which is nonsense, it's because he's lazy sometimes. You also listed other black players you said we probably thought we lazy cause they were black, one being Aborah who was also lazy. Personally I think it's players who are meant to be 'skillful' who are lazy, black or white. Rammage and Caskey two other examples. You get into dangerous territory with this kind of talk as people who want to say some player is lazy and happens to be black have to think hang on will I be construed as racist if I say that. It's not nice to bandy about the thought that you think some people think lazy players are lazy cause of their skin colour. Anyway I'm off to bed, I'm very rock and roll thesedays.

Apologies to Freeman about the wrong identification.

Night chaps.
    Good man

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    It was aimed at me Delroy. I reserve the right to aim to criticize any player who plays for the club I love.
    Please feel free to point out where you're referenced by name in this post, unless you think you're racist and therefore I must have been talking about you?

Trying to defend him to some Notts fans is a lost cause because unfortuntely for him he will never look like Craig Mackail-Smith and he can't change where he was born...

i wasn't quick enough there. " the notion" I never mentioned you.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Being brought a Catholic I was told never to lie. What an absolute joke of a post. You really are a dick.
    Resort to name calling when you're losing, true sign of intelligence there. What have I said in this post that's a lie? Did I imagine those observations during the game or is it just that you refused to acknowledge them then and don't like it now that I've pointed them out? Everything in that post either happened or is an opinion, I'd love to know where the lies are Maybe he lost the ball more than once but the only thing that springs to mind is the mix up he had where he tried to pass it first time to either Tootle or one of the midfielders and they weren't on the same wavelength, if that's your complaint with that "joke of a post" and worthy of being called a d*ck then you're kind of a lost cause

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Resort to name calling when you're losing, true sign of intelligence there. What have I said in this post that's a lie? Did I imagine those observations during the game or is it just that you refused to acknowledge them then and don't like it now that I've pointed them out? Everything in that post either happened or is an opinion, I'd love to know where the lies are Maybe he lost the ball more than once but the only thing that springs to mind is the mix up he had where he tried to pass it first time to either Tootle or one of the midfielders and they weren't on the same wavelength, if that's your complaint with that "joke of a post" and worthy of being called a d*ck then you're kind of a lost cause
    I would like to apologize for calling you a dick. But I just can't.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567