+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ray on his way

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Hearing today that Artell going to let Ray play some part of the final home game. WHY ? who gives a flying f**k what that useless t**t is doing in the future he has always been average at best and quite frankly should have been let go 2 seasons ago. Not sure there is too much affection for him in the stands either so why replace better players with that average show pony just so he can wave goodbye to a stand full of people who probably couldn’t give two S**ts. Mr Artell please don’t think you are doing us a favour by letting him play we would prefer that he did not shame the club shirt a second longer.
    I for one will not be clapping due to his disgraceful behaviour v
    Cheltenham

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post

And when I said poor I meant dreadful. The only thing that has made Ray look good this season is Nolan. GOOD RIDDANCE !!
    Can:t agree at all with the idea that Nolan is apoor player.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Can:t agree at all with the idea that Nolan is apoor player.
    Come on Gazan. Think. Read the post. Wartman is not saying Nolan is a poor player!

I get it now! Could have been expressed a differently. On the other hand, I suppose I could have anticipated the meaning better🤪
    However, in terms of the general topic, I would suggest that George is potentially a good L1/Championship player but his personality gets in the way. We also have to remember that he can, quite literally, put his body on the line for the team.
    I am sad that he never quite fulfilled his potential but I am also quite happy that we have finished with him
    I hope that he doesn't play as I think a substantial group of fans will display their disapproval of his past antics. There are undoubtedly negatives but don't forget the times he has thrown his body in front goalbound shots and that he has always shown his appreciation of the fans' support.

Spot on, gazan. I don’t think he should play unless the manager thinks it’s the best way to win the match of course. And my reason for saying that is, as you say, that a proportion of the crowd will use it as an excuse to boo and heckle him. Unfortunately his last action in a Crewe shirt is likely to be the ridiculous challenge against Cheltenham, and that’s all that some fans will remember.

He has failed, thus far, to live up to the potential he showed early in his career but has, nonetheless, always given of his best and his bravery cannot he called into question. I prefer to think of him getting elbowed and bullied by a decent Bristol City side about 5 or 6 years ago when, like all Cotterell sides, they were sending long balls into the box for their big, rather thuggish, players to get on the end of and George led by example, shoving the likes of Ayling and Flint out of the way to get his head on the ball - and help us hang on to 3 points against the Champions elect.

George isn’t perfect but he has played for us for the best part of 10 years and, if he does get a run out on Saturday, he should be given the sort of warm reception that ANY Alex player should. Still remains the only player from any club to make his debut at Wembley!!

I am afraid Ray was devoid of any real ability and was extremely lucky to get another deal 2 years ago. As I have said earlier his lack of skill and concentration lead to his poor disciplinary record and dare I say it poor tackling led to his miserable injury record. He did entertain me on occasions when partnering the other equally inept Crewe center half Harry Davies quite frankly the worst center half partnership for Crewe in many a year. I won’t be clapping and showing my appreciation for George Ray should he play tomorrow I will be glad to see the back of one of the worst center half’s ever produced by the club rank awful and a detestable individual.

Speaks very highly of you lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12