+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ray on his way

Ray on his way

Two bits of good news today the Crewe result but more the performance was very pleasing, and to add to the good news George Ray has apparently signed a pre contract agreement with another league 2 club, if this Was to prove ultimately to be the case it would be a relief to get that absolute clown off our books. A poor center half with an arrogant attitude to boot. Good bye and good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    Two bits of good news today the Crewe result but more the performance was very pleasing, and to add to the good news George Ray has apparently signed a pre contract agreement with another league 2 club, if this Was to prove ultimately to be the case it would be a relief to get that absolute clown off our books. A poor center half with an arrogant attitude to boot. Good bye and good riddance.
    I think that is a little harsh. He is not a poor centre half at all. He is a good league 2, possibly league 1 centre half. He is perfectly entitled to sign for another club when his contract runs out and whilst he let the club and himself down against Cheltenham in picking up a ridiculous red card, he has actually played his part in our defence looking better this season. Rather than bidding good riddance, I prefer to wish him well except when he plays against us

Can’t agree a poor center half

Gets caught out of position
    Switches off
    Makes reckless challenges

All Of the above contribute to his poor disciplinary record, the number of needless penalties he gives away, the number of needless fouls in and around the box that lead to us conceding.

And when I said poor I meant dreadful. The only thing that has made Ray look good this season is Nolan. GOOD RIDDANCE !!

Never thought I would ever ever agree with Wartman, but, and although I don't agree with all his criticisms, I won't be sorry to see him go.
    Another L2 club, if true, says it all.

P.s Wartman.
    Has you opinion of Lowery changed?

Certainly have he has looked very good last few games, just a little surprised he has not featured more often than he has. I have no worries about the midfielders the club currently has, however our forward line needs serious investment. A full back would be good and Hunt to sign another 12 month deal and I think top 10 next season is achievable.

I don't think Hunt should be offered another deal. Too slow to be a fullback these days and not effective enough as a CB. Surely the writing was on the wall for him when Taylor Sinclair came in as cover for a position he was already covering? Great pro though , i heard he's doing his coaching badges so hopefully stay on as a coach.

With Ray if he's turned us down for another league 2 club i'd be massively disappointed in him. The club stood by him when he was allegedly one of those accused of ***ual assault (and only him, everyone else was gone pretty much immediately) and Artell rescued his career when Davis left. To leave on a free to a club in the same division is a bit of a let down by him.

Is it Notts County? Hope for him it is one that will pay his wages on time

Ray not even in the squad today and Wintle playing center half, the rumour is he is signing for Vale !!!!

Hearing today that Artell going to let Ray play some part of the final home game. WHY ? who gives a flying f**k what that useless t**t is doing in the future he has always been average at best and quite frankly should have been let go 2 seasons ago. Not sure there is too much affection for him in the stands either so why replace better players with that average show pony just so he can wave goodbye to a stand full of people who probably couldn’t give two S**ts. Mr Artell please don’t think you are doing us a favour by letting him play we would prefer that he did not shame the club shirt a second longer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast