+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: tony stewart losing credability

Quote Originally Posted by WanChaiMiller View Post
    Without any research I bet there have been 6 games where we've conceeded late (last 5 mins and injury time) that have cost us either a win or draw. The swing has lost us the best part of 12 points. We've got ourselves in very good positions in many games that, if seen out, would see us out of the bottom 3.
    Yes, poor game management seems to me to be a feature of PW's style. I also believe that had we gone a man and goal down at Leeds like Wigan did we would have shipped 5 or 6.

We,re not doing very well, getting mardy about it, and lashing out at anyone within reach. We are not a big enough outfit to cope with the Championship for any length of time. Speculating on wether a million pounds spent on players would have kept us up is just guess work. We obviously do not have the pulling power for these sort of players.

There are plenty of people with too much money and big egos who may fancy a punt, but we could live to regret it

Quote Originally Posted by jocksgloves View Post
    We,re not doing very well, getting mardy about it, and lashing out at anyone within reach. We are not a big enough outfit to cope with the Championship for any length of time. Speculating on wether a million pounds spent on players would have kept us up is just guess work. We obviously do not have the pulling power for these sort of players.
    There's validity in what you say, jocks. However your last sentence is at least arguable. I can think of three or four instances in the last couple of seasons where players were willing to come but we were outbid or the manager said the other club's valuation was too high.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    There's validity in what you say, jocks. However your last sentence is at least arguable. I can think of three or four instances in the last couple of seasons where players were willing to come but we were outbid or the manager said the other club's valuation was too high.
    Or ‘they weren’t a likeable person’ or ‘they’ve had previous issues’ which is pathetic. Just because someone’s had previous issues doesn’t mean to say they haven’t learned from their mistakes.

When you’re struggling at the foot of the table in January then that ‘none likeable/past troublesome’ player could or may have been the one to help push you up the table.

Too nicely nicey is Warne.

Wonder if Dexter Blackstock is available.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Yes, poor game management seems to me to be a feature of PW's style. I also believe that had we gone a man and goal down at Leeds like Wigan did we would have shipped 5 or 6.
    Doesn't learn from his mistakes either, November 2017; "no way do I need a new defensive coach".

I think yes way.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Well, in January, WLB was praising Ipswich for bringing in 5 loan players.
    If only we could have turned our season round like they did.
    Whatever the faults of Ipswich's transfer policy, it was enough to beat us at Portman Road, and they kept a clean sheet too, which we almost never do. I admit that they didn't look very good, but they were good enough to beat us... another three points thrown away

It's not about spending a million quid on a player. This season we have not been far away from being an average championship team. I'm not saying spend a million but if the chairman is serious bout championship football he should have brought in a couple of loan signing. Maybe using cup money from man City game. Its money he would not have accounted for preseason.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Every club wants a 20 goal clinical goal scorer, they come at a premium.
    £1m in the Championship is “ peanuts “ to some clubs unfortunately to us it’s not.
    Build from the back and stop conceding too many goals would be a starter.
    Dead right Caspy.

Our goals scored record is not too bad. It's goals conceded where we have the big problem.

I actually think our defence will be one of the best in L1. The problem I see is lack of cover from midfield and the midfielders losing possession too often. We could really do with a Gerry Gow type holding midfielder.

Funny how 2 or 3 posters always start a thread immediately after a defeat.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast