+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: tony stewart losing credability

I don't think many clubs in the championship have a dedicated defensive coach. What they do tend to have is a mix of manager/assistant manager and coach who have played in various positions.. ours are a bit one dimensional

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Dead right Caspy.

Our goals scored record is not too bad. It's goals conceded where we have the big problem.

I actually think our defence will be one of the best in L1. The problem I see is lack of cover from midfield and the midfielders losing possession too often. We could really do with a Gerry Gow type holding midfielder.

Funny how 2 or 3 posters always start a thread immediately after a defeat.
    Perigord, how's sunny France? Glorious weather over here. On to your comments, you can fully expect to see/hear folk expressing their points at this time of the season. I think those who post on this board and done extremely well in holding back their true feelings on how the team/Warne has not been supported in the market. It has nothing to do with 'starting a thread immediately after a defeat'.

WE are the paying fan that keeps this club alive as much as the Chairman, and if some want to vent their spleen as to mismanagement then they have the democratic right to and should not be pulled up for it like your comments.

Can you honestly say you are completely happy with the club's feeble attempts to spout lie after lie about recruitment and the fact, apart from Crooks, we have not even attempted to bolster our team in order to make a real fight to stay up?

I'm not but, I have already renewed my ST to show my support to the club.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I don't think many clubs in the championship have a dedicated defensive coach. What they do tend to have is a mix of manager/assistant manager and coach who have played in various positions.. ours are a bit one dimensional
    The problem is warnes style of play is all over the place he barker are ex strikers and midfielders having 4 at the back when your coaches speciality is midfield and attack is a god dam waste. But we can’t afford strikers so even if warne wanted to play 352 he couldn’t because of the zero fund policy.

To prove my point every time we have gone a goal ahead we try to defend which with our coaching staffs experience is like having a FIFA gamer play pro football (completely out of place)

We dealt with it last year by keeping it in midfield and keeping up the pressure but this year has shown that weakness clear as day
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 20-04-2019 at 12:30 PM.

Dead right Caspy.

Our goals scored record is not too bad. It's goals conceded where we have the big problem.

I actually think our defence will be one of the best in L1. The problem I see is lack of cover from midfield and the midfielders losing possession too often. We could really do with a Gerry Gow type holding midfielder.

They’ve been starting a lot of threads then.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Perigord, how's sunny France? Glorious weather over here. On to your comments, you can fully expect to see/hear folk expressing their points at this time of the season. I think those who post on this board and done extremely well in holding back their true feelings on how the team/Warne has not been supported in the market. It has nothing to do with 'starting a thread immediately after a defeat'.

WE are the paying fan that keeps this club alive as much as the Chairman, and if some want to vent their spleen as to mismanagement then they have the democratic right to and should not be pulled up for it like your comments.

Can you honestly say you are completely happy with the club's feeble attempts to spout lie after lie about recruitment and the fact, apart from Crooks, we have not even attempted to bolster our team in order to make a real fight to stay up?

I'm not but, I have already renewed my ST to show my support to the club.
    TBF Pal I think it’s because it’s the same ones who never comment when we win or get a good result. Only when we lose imo.

Not sure who this is aimed at but it seems unfair. I have been reading MM for more than 15 years and a common refrain is that certain posters only post when we lose. A variant comment is that "It's always quiet on MM when we win." These jocular observations, tired and tedious as they are, are wearingly predictable. Unfortunately they are not true. The balance of posts on MM over many years is overwhelmingly positive.
    Personally I don't give a rats rrse for either TS or PW. TS's involvement in RUFC has raised his profile (ego?) from small time local businessman to being able to pontificate on national and local press, radio and even TV. I didn't ask him to become owner/chairman and would not give a toss if he left tomorrow. As for Warne, we are not talking about some rare species of delicate flower in need of protection. He occupies one of the top 50 or so posts in football in the UK and is paid a good wedge. If I don't think he's very good I have a right to say so.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Doesn't learn from his mistakes either, November 2017; "no way do I need a new defensive coach".

I think yes way.
    I am glad you brought that thread back up GF. It has been clear that we have needed a defensive coach ever since Warne took over. You didn't need to be a tactical genius to see that, just look at the goals conceded column on the table and you would see it. The experiment with Ajayi in midfield looked promising at first but has ultimately left us weaker in defence and when you are conceding goals left right and centre but can't blame individulas, something more fundamental is wrong.

Kevin Blackwell certainly knew how to do it. We went from a leaking sieve to a they will not pass defence it about two weeks.
    I remember both Neil and Kevin saying at the time that a well drilled organised defence was the key and that's what they were basing their strategy on. It wasn't pretty to watch though and not as exciting as the Millers perfornaces of late.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    Not sure who this is aimed at but it seems unfair. I have been reading MM for more than 15 years and a common refrain is that certain posters only post when we lose. A variant comment is that "It's always quiet on MM when we win." These jocular observations, tired and tedious as they are, are wearingly predictable. Unfortunately they are not true. The balance of posts on MM over many years is overwhelmingly positive.
    Personally I don't give a rats rrse for either TS or PW. TS's involvement in RUFC has raised his profile (ego?) from small time local businessman to being able to pontificate on national and local press, radio and even TV. I didn't ask him to become owner/chairman and would not give a toss if he left tomorrow. As for Warne, we are not talking about some rare species of delicate flower in need of protection. He occupies one of the top 50 or so posts in football in the UK and is paid a good wedge. If I don't think he's very good I have a right to say so.
    You may want to remind yourself where you were before Tony Stewart bought the club .

That’s very true.

But Stewart has been his own worst enemy with past comments regarding his ambitions for the club, top budgets, wanting to shop at Harrods etc etc.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast