+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: tony stewart losing credability

Agree entirely.

However if you were in a Michelin rated restaurant and the meal you ordered was below expectations would you tell the waiter?

Good or bad TS and PW need feedback from the fans.

They may have to sift the gems from the dross but basically most paying customers care as much about the club as Tony Stewart does.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    In the past I have been critical of the way TS has said things that were unrealistic. I have also questioned some of the things that the club has done or not done when it comes to fulfilling promisses to the surrounding areas of New York Stadium. What's happening to the ownership of the ground when the loan is paid back and how that will effect the club.

To think that TS is responsible for our plight this season is ridiculous. To think that any one person with a small club like Rotherham United could compete at this level on equal terms as other clubs with the fan base that we have isn't realistic.
    The amount of money that passes through the club anually is not enough and it is as simple as that. Maybe to expect someone to keep dipping into his pocket to try and shore up the club isn't correct but it is exactly what we have. TS and ADS conitue to shore up our club.

Regardless of what we want there are basic laws of human nature that we have to take into account. Why would someone pump their hard earned cash to a community project like club is? TS isn't getting any financial reward for his effort! He had heard of Rotherham United but he had no intention of running the damn thing before the council approached him. Yet he is now a Miller through and through. His business skills and support by the council have been key to this. If the club had to buy the land that it is homed on it probably wouldn't be there now. It wouldn't support the burger van or any of the pubs, cafes, shopes or services that gain from Rotherham United being where they are and the supporters that spend their money there each home match. This is on the backdrop of all of the big chains that have left Rotherham to fend for itself.

The can't really blame him for the recruitment of players when he has invested in the latest equipment for scouting players. There may have been a problem with the guy using the equipment the project was bought for.

We can't blame him for the signing of players. He has set the budget for the playing staff and the club will work to that. This point of the critisism really needs to be understood and maybe someone with better accounting knowledge can put it in a simpler way.

We can't buy players unless we sell a player or a player leaves.
    The money in the budget will stretch to a certain amount of players. The less players that we have the more we can pay them. The more players that we have the less we can pay them.
    To think that we could pay 10k per week on a player would mean that the with a £7m Championship budget we'd have a squad of 14.
    To think that that budget drops by say £3m that means that to keep the 14 players they need to take a pay cut to £5500 per week.

We can all sit down and spend the clubs money but thankfully we are not allowed anywhere near it.

The fault lies with the silly wages that the players demand and the EFL who are trying to get a grip of it through the Fair rules thing that the chairmen of all of the Champioship clubs get a vote on.
    I don't know haw much the parachute money is for relegated clubs from the Premiership but I don't think that it willl be far off that of our entire budget. Yet this money is supposed to level out the losses for the clubs that have been relegated. Instead of paying the players that they have already under contract this money is used to buy more players to try and gain promotion again. When that goes wrong they spend even more out and play in to emptier stadiums.

This is not the fault of TS! This criticism has been aimed at him a few times now and it has to be said that some people just don't get the situation, don't want to understand the situation or are just talking bollax!

We are having a good spell in a higher division that we are wanting to play at with players that have done well for their skill level. Can we ask for anything more knowing that the rules in place are to protect clubs from self harm and live within their means? Why would we not want a Rotherham United? It is clear that Tony Stewart wants a Rotherham United because he's running the club in a way that it will rest in the community of Rotherham for as long as he is at the helm.

This man should not be criticised for running our club as he does. He should be praised for giving us another wonderful season of football and making sure that next season we'll be here having another go in what ever division we're in.

im starting to well up

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Poor old TS. Just lost the love of his life and now all this ballax to contend with. If I were him I’d say frack this and ride off into the sunset.

His wife died recently so I hope he doesn’t read this thread

Appreciate all he has done for us - Dark Valley Stadium and -17 point days behind us thank goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Agree entirely.

However if you were in a Michelin rated restaurant and the meal you ordered was below expectations would you tell the waiter?

Good or bad TS and PW need feedback from the fans.

They may have to sift the gems from the dross but basically most paying customers care as much about the club as Tony Stewart does.
    Yes they do Grist but the feed back isn't usually constructive. It's agresive and insultive without any insight of the obsticles in the way of the people doing the job itself.

When you talk about a Micheline restuarant you could also use a car as an example. We'd all like one that goes fast, looks good and is safe for the family. Through regulation, all cars are like that to different degrees but unfortunately not everyone can drive a Bentley. Most of us cut our clothe accordingly and drive what we can afford.

Also in making the car none uf us have the knowledge of how to build one and we don't have the means to do so. We rely on the professionals of the industry to get it right.

We'll never win a F1 race but we'd finish one, each time we raced we'd get better but unfortunately the ones with more money would aim for the same thing.

We have to trust the professionals to get it right and the pressure on them is massive, they have to get it right at NYS or the people won't go in the same way no one would buy a car that's crap.

We're a long way from being crap.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    In the past I have been critical of the way TS has said things that were unrealistic. I have also questioned some of the things that the club has done or not done when it comes to fulfilling promisses to the surrounding areas of New York Stadium. What's happening to the ownership of the ground when the loan is paid back and how that will effect the club.

To think that TS is responsible for our plight this season is ridiculous. To think that any one person with a small club like Rotherham United could compete at this level on equal terms as other clubs with the fan base that we have isn't realistic.
    The amount of money that passes through the club anually is not enough and it is as simple as that. Maybe to expect someone to keep dipping into his pocket to try and shore up the club isn't correct but it is exactly what we have. TS and ADS conitue to shore up our club.

Regardless of what we want there are basic laws of human nature that we have to take into account. Why would someone pump their hard earned cash to a community project like club is? TS isn't getting any financial reward for his effort! He had heard of Rotherham United but he had no intention of running the damn thing before the council approached him. Yet he is now a Miller through and through. His business skills and support by the council have been key to this. If the club had to buy the land that it is homed on it probably wouldn't be there now. It wouldn't support the burger van or any of the pubs, cafes, shopes or services that gain from Rotherham United being where they are and the supporters that spend their money there each home match. This is on the backdrop of all of the big chains that have left Rotherham to fend for itself.

The can't really blame him for the recruitment of players when he has invested in the latest equipment for scouting players. There may have been a problem with the guy using the equipment the project was bought for.

We can't blame him for the signing of players. He has set the budget for the playing staff and the club will work to that. This point of the critisism really needs to be understood and maybe someone with better accounting knowledge can put it in a simpler way.

We can't buy players unless we sell a player or a player leaves.
    The money in the budget will stretch to a certain amount of players. The less players that we have the more we can pay them. The more players that we have the less we can pay them.
    To think that we could pay 10k per week on a player would mean that the with a £7m Championship budget we'd have a squad of 14.
    To think that that budget drops by say £3m that means that to keep the 14 players they need to take a pay cut to £5500 per week.

We can all sit down and spend the clubs money but thankfully we are not allowed anywhere near it.

The fault lies with the silly wages that the players demand and the EFL who are trying to get a grip of it through the Fair rules thing that the chairmen of all of the Champioship clubs get a vote on.
    I don't know haw much the parachute money is for relegated clubs from the Premiership but I don't think that it willl be far off that of our entire budget. Yet this money is supposed to level out the losses for the clubs that have been relegated. Instead of paying the players that they have already under contract this money is used to buy more players to try and gain promotion again. When that goes wrong they spend even more out and play in to emptier stadiums.

This is not the fault of TS! This criticism has been aimed at him a few times now and it has to be said that some people just don't get the situation, don't want to understand the situation or are just talking bollax!

We are having a good spell in a higher division that we are wanting to play at with players that have done well for their skill level. Can we ask for anything more knowing that the rules in place are to protect clubs from self harm and live within their means? Why would we not want a Rotherham United? It is clear that Tony Stewart wants a Rotherham United because he's running the club in a way that it will rest in the community of Rotherham for as long as he is at the helm.

This man should not be criticised for running our club as he does. He should be praised for giving us another wonderful season of football and making sure that next season we'll be here having another go in what ever division we're in.
    Aint that the truth.................................... Top post mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    People go on about TS promises but the fact of the matter is nothing is set in stone and you can’t get anywhere if you don’t aim high.

It is possible for us to get in premiership but the structure and money needs to be there unfortunately the weak link at the moment is sir Stewart he needs to be more decisive and I’m not just talking about money
    Thanks Silly.

Obviously I have already found out how bad TS was from some of the wise words on here (I thought he was actually brilliant for the club - doh!)

Only you seem to have spotted that TS is actually the weak link stopping us from getting to the premiership.
    I had wondered what it was. Everything else about Rotherham United, the fanbase, size of the town etc., is obviously geared for the prem. It's clearly TS's indecision that is holding us back.

Ha ha ha Now now wrinkles you should have realised a long time ago TS is the “ weakest “ link.....

Ideally we ought to be hitting 8k season tickets in the Championship unfortunately it’s not going to happen, we’ve hit our limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post

It is possible for us to get in premiership but the structure and money needs to be there unfortunately the weak link at the moment is sir Stewart he needs to be more decisive and I’m not just talking about money
    @ silly-miller,
    Could you elaborate on what Mr Stewart should be more decisive on if we’re not talking about money...tic toc

When having these discussions people would do well to remember the difference between RUFC and RU ESTATES LTD.

And no, that isn't a dig at TS, whom I love as much as everyone else. We're all Millers on this board and because of that fact, and the raw emotion that goes with being a Miller, naivety can sometimes creep in and cloud judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    As a non emotive contributor to all things RUFC on this board my personal opinion is that TS is one of the best owners to have graced any boardroom in this country .

From where he started with this project in league two at an athletics stadium in Sheffield through to three promotions , a brand new stadium and championship football is testament to what he's given to the town of Rotherham .

I've criticised my own clubs former owner sadly departed who is seen as some kind of messiah over our way .

He wasn't in the same league as TS , the man made a substantial profit on his investment and his family still retains 20% .

To put in comparable terms RUFC would have to pay TS back around £40m should he walk away from the club , that's my best guessestimate mind .

It's unlikely TS will see much profit on his investment or even get his money back in full .

He's given far more out than he will get back and that's the measure of the man .

I'd take TS as my clubs owner any day of the week over Patrick Cryne and a consortium of billionaires from overseas .
    Ridiculous statement! RU Estates Ltd balance sheet shows assets outstripping liabilities. To the tune of £6m.

Has TS lost money on RUFC? Thats a moot point. His company ASD has sponsored the club usually to the tune of circa &1m per season. Is this lost revenue of done through sponsorship? Maybe. Then again, I think one or two lucrative street lighting deals have been struck in the NYS Bosrdroom.

So if you want to look at the thing in the round, I.e. assume RU ESTATES LTD and RUFC as one entity, it'll not be far off even.

Your statement would hold water if TS, out of his personal wealth, totally funded the NYS (and G&S site) and then gifted all of that to RUFC. That hasnt happened.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast