+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: tony stewart losing credability

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Or ‘they weren’t a likeable person’ or ‘they’ve had previous issues’ which is pathetic. Just because someone’s had previous issues doesn’t mean to say they haven’t learned from their mistakes.

Too nicely nicey is Warne.
    Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    Pathetic.
    Really?

The “good human being test” runs strong with PW and RUFC

For the record it’s something I agree with but it must restrict the number of targets we can possibly land.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Perigord, how's sunny France? Glorious weather over here. On to your comments, you can fully expect to see/hear folk expressing their points at this time of the season. I think those who post on this board and done extremely well in holding back their true feelings on how the team/Warne has not been supported in the market. It has nothing to do with 'starting a thread immediately after a defeat'.

WE are the paying fan that keeps this club alive as much as the Chairman, and if some want to vent their spleen as to mismanagement then they have the democratic right to and should not be pulled up for it like your comments.

Can you honestly say you are completely happy with the club's feeble attempts to spout lie after lie about recruitment and the fact, apart from Crooks, we have not even attempted to bolster our team in order to make a real fight to stay up?

I'm not but, I have already renewed my ST to show my support to the club.
    Hi Brin

No, like most, I'm not happy with this past season's recruitment (except Robertson, Crooks), but I don't think we know all the facts. We know that Warney is not keen on wasting money, and we don't know what support TS has given him privately.

Either way, to say that just splashing £1m is to me ridiculous. We could spend maybe a few million on increased wages to attract players, but no guarantees that they will perform. In fact by the time we have inserted a relegation wage-cut clause in their contracts, we don't seem that attractive at all.

I'm fairly happy with the way the club is being run, and if that means yo-yoing between levels 2 and 3 so be it.

just think there are 1 or 2 posters on here with some agenda against the Stewart family. TS is not perfect as we know, but we could have a lot worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Really?

The “good human being test” runs strong with PW and RUFC

For the record it’s something I agree with but it must restrict the number of targets we can possibly land.
    Not just that though if you get a player who’s a total dick you can get him throwing a wobbly like Yates did or refusing to train like DB

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    In the past I have been critical of the way TS has said things that were unrealistic. I have also questioned some of the things that the club has done or not done when it comes to fulfilling promisses to the surrounding areas of New York Stadium. What's happening to the ownership of the ground when the loan is paid back and how that will effect the club.

To think that TS is responsible for our plight this season is ridiculous. To think that any one person with a small club like Rotherham United could compete at this level on equal terms as other clubs with the fan base that we have isn't realistic.
    The amount of money that passes through the club anually is not enough and it is as simple as that. Maybe to expect someone to keep dipping into his pocket to try and shore up the club isn't correct but it is exactly what we have. TS and ADS conitue to shore up our club.

Regardless of what we want there are basic laws of human nature that we have to take into account. Why would someone pump their hard earned cash to a community project like club is? TS isn't getting any financial reward for his effort! He had heard of Rotherham United but he had no intention of running the damn thing before the council approached him. Yet he is now a Miller through and through. His business skills and support by the council have been key to this. If the club had to buy the land that it is homed on it probably wouldn't be there now. It wouldn't support the burger van or any of the pubs, cafes, shopes or services that gain from Rotherham United being where they are and the supporters that spend their money there each home match. This is on the backdrop of all of the big chains that have left Rotherham to fend for itself.

The can't really blame him for the recruitment of players when he has invested in the latest equipment for scouting players. There may have been a problem with the guy using the equipment the project was bought for.

We can't blame him for the signing of players. He has set the budget for the playing staff and the club will work to that. This point of the critisism really needs to be understood and maybe someone with better accounting knowledge can put it in a simpler way.

We can't buy players unless we sell a player or a player leaves.
    The money in the budget will stretch to a certain amount of players. The less players that we have the more we can pay them. The more players that we have the less we can pay them.
    To think that we could pay 10k per week on a player would mean that the with a £7m Championship budget we'd have a squad of 14.
    To think that that budget drops by say £3m that means that to keep the 14 players they need to take a pay cut to £5500 per week.

We can all sit down and spend the clubs money but thankfully we are not allowed anywhere near it.

The fault lies with the silly wages that the players demand and the EFL who are trying to get a grip of it through the Fair rules thing that the chairmen of all of the Champioship clubs get a vote on.
    I don't know haw much the parachute money is for relegated clubs from the Premiership but I don't think that it willl be far off that of our entire budget. Yet this money is supposed to level out the losses for the clubs that have been relegated. Instead of paying the players that they have already under contract this money is used to buy more players to try and gain promotion again. When that goes wrong they spend even more out and play in to emptier stadiums.

This is not the fault of TS! This criticism has been aimed at him a few times now and it has to be said that some people just don't get the situation, don't want to understand the situation or are just talking bollax!

We are having a good spell in a higher division that we are wanting to play at with players that have done well for their skill level. Can we ask for anything more knowing that the rules in place are to protect clubs from self harm and live within their means? Why would we not want a Rotherham United? It is clear that Tony Stewart wants a Rotherham United because he's running the club in a way that it will rest in the community of Rotherham for as long as he is at the helm.

This man should not be criticised for running our club as he does. He should be praised for giving us another wonderful season of football and making sure that next season we'll be here having another go in what ever division we're in.
    Excellent post Frog.

Remember who we are.

Thanks for your long post, Frog. Worth writing and worth reading.

I agree with Frog – we have a financially stable club that has at least competed in the Championship this season. There are many football supporters up and down the country who would happily swap places with us on both counts.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I agree with Frog – we have a financially stable club that has at least competed in the Championship this season. There are many football supporters up and down the country who would happily swap places with us on both counts.
    How do you know that there are many football supporters up and down the country who would happily swap places with us on both counts.
    Have you consulted with them or is this just speculation?
    You see speculation is ok when you do it is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    How do you know that there are many football supporters up and down the country who would happily swap places with us on both counts.
    Have you consulted with them or is this just speculation?
    You see speculation is ok when you do it is it?
    Not so much speculation as a statement of the bleeding obvious, so I can understand why it went over your head.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Not so much speculation as a statement of the bleeding obvious, so I can understand why it went over your head.
    In your opinion a statement of the bleeding obvious
    Temper temper
    Btw still waiting for a link to the Liverpool Barton affair & him admitting from the outset as a matter of public record
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 22-04-2019 at 07:09 AM.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast