+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: tony stewart losing credability

Why are you on the warpath today? Bad nights sleep? BFC are having a great season so chill out.

It's stating the obvious because there are many clubs in the lower divisions who never get anywhere near the top end of div one and the cship. RUFC have been there for 4 of the last 5 seasons so something to aspire to for the likes of Rochdale, Newport, Exeter, Carlisle and there's many many more could be added to those few

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Why are you on the warpath today? Bad nights sleep? BFC are having a great season so chill out.

It's stating the obvious because there are many clubs in the lower divisions who never get anywhere near the top end of div one and the cship. RUFC have been there for 4 of the last 5 seasons so something to aspire to for the likes of Rochdale, Newport, Exeter, Carlisle and there's many many more could be added to those few
    Someone comes out with " a statement of the bleeding obvious" comment & it's me on the warpath & need to chill out.......unbelievable
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 22-04-2019 at 07:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    How do you know that there are many football supporters up and down the country who would happily swap places with us on both counts.
    Have you consulted with them or is this just speculation?
    You see speculation is ok when you do it is it?
    Ffs give it a rest!

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    When having these discussions people would do well to remember the difference between RUFC and RU ESTATES LTD.

And no, that isn't a dig at TS, whom I love as much as everyone else. We're all Millers on this board and because of that fact, and the raw emotion that goes with being a Miller, naivety can sometimes creep in and cloud judgement.
    I have been thinking of that same subject Grumpy. My concern is what will happen to the stadium when he has left the club. Who will the stadium belong to and what benefit to RUFC will it have. But when you think in a rational way, a business way you wouldn't tell anyone your plans for that part of the business. The reason you don't is that at any point TS and his family no longer want to be in control of the club that is a bargaining piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Not just that though if you get a player who’s a total dick you can get him throwing a wobbly like Yates did or refusing to train like DB
    In which case the manager manages the situation. If warne learns the skill set required to manage and motivate players who have personality traits that are iffy then the pool of talent available increases and we all win.

Warnock and Ronnie could manage both facets (nicey best friend and also rocket blast for the bad guys)

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    In your opinion a statement of the bleeding obvious
    Temper temper
    Btw still waiting for a link to the Liverpool Barton affair & him admitting from the outset as a matter of public record
    One of the things CAM and I have worked on over the last few months is keeping threads seperate. If you have an issue on one thread with something someone has written please keep it to that thread and don't chase folk about the board.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    One of the things CAM and I have worked on over the last few months is keeping threads seperate. If you have an issue on one thread with something someone has written please keep it to that thread and don't chase folk about the board.
    OK I stand corrected

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I have been thinking of that same subject Grumpy. My concern is what will happen to the stadium when he has left the club. Who will the stadium belong to and what benefit to RUFC will it have. But when you think in a rational way, a business way you wouldn't tell anyone your plans for that part of the business. The reason you don't is that at any point TS and his family no longer want to be in control of the club that is a bargaining piece.
    Correct frogster. Whilst ever TS owns both RU ESTATES and RUFC then all is well. They can be viewed as one entity. But it will quickly become apparent that they are separate if ever TS chooses to sell RUFC but not RU ESTATES. If that happens its Booth/Millmoor all over again.

RUFC, to a non fan, is worth very little (playing assets and football league golden share). -RU ESTATES LTD is (or rather will be) worth a fortune. The latest accounting disclosure shows assets valued at £42m. Admittedly liabilities are shown as £36m. But thats still £6m in the black, and its only going to go one way. Owning land is very lucrative, because they aren't making any more of it!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910