+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: tony stewart losing credability

tony stewart losing credability

all this talk of million pound players coming to rotherham. wanting to establish rotherham as a championship club.

what a load of crap.

he has one of the best English young managers outside of the premiership. (who I bet won't be with us by the end of next season)

he had a glorious chance to actually back his words up in the January window and spend some money to keep us safe.

but what happened?? for all the people saying how do you know he didn't approve a million pound player I ask how do you know he did.

your telling me there is not 1 player we could of signed for 1 million plus who wouldnt improve us?? before you ask who I don't play fifa and I don't have agents phoning me up touting players to me.

but I know if there was money to spend to actually improve the squad we could off.

other teams did.

yes the stadium he built that's a nice little investment for Tony Stewart isn't it. after all his company owns it not the football club.

Not sure where to start as a reply to that.
    A couple of thoughts....paying a Million pounds plus is the easy bit but the problem is they come with hefty 10,15.20k a week salaries and four year contract demands. That means it's a no go and rightly so.

Having said that we've managed to acquire two million pounds plus players and they played today. One was subbed before he got a red card

We didn't have to spend a million pounds or pay silly wages. Just a couple of good loan signings in the Jan transfer window paying half their wages for 3 months or so until the end of the season. Maybe enough to see us stay up.

How do we no the money wasn't there for players, and the players. 1. Didn't want to come 2. Priced them selves out with silly wage demands 3. They got lured by a bigger club .For all we no TS could have said to Warne hes 3 million and he didn't get the right type of player . I am not happy with us going down if we do i think we have missed a good opportunity to build something here .Mistakes have been made again but we made a better job of it this time . Still a chance we will stay up .

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    We didn't have to spend a million pounds or pay silly wages. Just a couple of good loan signings in the Jan transfer window paying half their wages for 3 months or so until the end of the season. Maybe enough to see us stay up.
    Stovic, leave it pal. I’ve brought this up before and been challenged over it. Your excellent point will fall on deaf ears 👂👂

Well, in January, WLB was praising Ipswich for bringing in 5 loan players.
    If only we could have turned our season round like they did.

Everyone knows my thoughts on TS so I’m not gonna start nailing my colours to the mast.

What I will say is that only the people inside the club know what we have tried to do in the transfer market. Strange how this thread wasn’t put on after the win at QPR or forest at home or even the draw at Stoke?

All about opinions but to blame someone without knowing all the facts smacks of a bit of stupidity imo.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Well, in January, WLB was praising Ipswich for bringing in 5 loan players.
    If only we could have turned our season round like they did.
    Exactly. Bolton's and Ipswich's budgets eclipse ours and look how it's turned out for them.

Well Bolton and Ipswich failed because both of their managers aren't very good. Give Pw their funds and he would have acquired completely different players and improved us immensely

It didn't work for Ipswich but at least they made the effort. Who's to say it wouldn't have worked for the miller's.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast