+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owners spotted at the ground today......

Confo North it is then.

Put it this way, if Hardy knew the takeover wasn't happening, what would he do? Tell supporters the truth or string it out until the end of the season so as not to rock the boat and hope the club somehow stays up.

If a takeover was happening, surely you would be feeding supporters with something tangible to believe in, that Staying up would be worthwhile, not a stay of execution.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Confo North it is then.

Put it this way, if Hardy knew the takeover wasn't happening, what would he do? Tell supporters the truth or string it out until the end of the season so as not to rock the boat and hope the club somehow stays up.

If a takeover was happening, surely you would be feeding supporters with something tangible to believe in, that Staying up would be worthwhile, not a stay of execution.
    The only thing that's certain at the moment is that we (as fans) have no control over the situation. The current private owner will do whatever he does and it will take us where it takes us. That's not to be fatalistic, but frankly there's no point expending too much energy worrying about things beyond our control. If it all goes t*ts up, we might need the Supporters' Trust again, and then at least we would have some control... but no money!

I think there was an interested party, but they pulled out on April 8th.

I'm still waiting for this group with 900 million in the bank to take us over. My dad's so optimistic that when I told him he said you never know! I wouldn't believe a word Hardy says, there is no interested party and I'm slowly resigning myself to that fact. That was the most important thing for me, a new owner irrespective of League format but I'm really struggling to see it.

or April 1st

What leads you to believe this? I'm not saying you're wrong, I don't know, but presumably you've heard something?

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    What leads you to believe this? I'm not saying you're wrong, I don't know, but presumably you've heard something?
    The "We're all in this together" tweet.

The "We're all in this together" tweet.
    I'm not sure Alan Hardy is subtle enough to be that cryptic!

"I think".........say no more.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm not sure Alan Hardy is subtle enough to be that cryptic!
    I'm not sure that tweet could be described as cryptic when you take into account that he hadn't previously posted since January and hasn't done so since. He's basically saying, "Please don't leave me alone with this problem", it's a plea for help because there's no longer anybody out there who's going to take this weight from his shoulders.

MiG, if you're reading this, I think I owe you an apology. The behind the scenes soap opera stuff may well be the chief factor in causing this whole thing to fall apart.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast