+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owners spotted at the ground today......

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    I'm not sure that tweet could be described as cryptic when you take into account that he hadn't previously posted since January and hasn't done so since. He's basically saying, "Please don't leave me alone with this problem", it's a plea for help because there's no longer anybody out there who's going to take this weight from his shoulders.

MiG, if you're reading this, I think I owe you an apology. The behind the scenes soap opera stuff may well be the chief factor in causing this whole thing to fall apart.
    He actually tweeted an anti-racism message earlier today, as it happens. Clearly, none of us have much (if any) solid information and speculation always tends to fill that void. I can see the logic in some of what you're saying, but there could be various other explanations for the silence as well.

Like I say, there's little point wasting too much energy on speculation, because whatever the truth is, we can't control it. The club is owned by a private individual and what will be will be. We're in his hands. The only decision I can take is not to buy a new season ticket unless or until new owners are confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The club is owned by a private individual and what will be will be. We're in his hands. .
    Not for much longer and we don't have much time to sort things out for next season. I think we should be told.

Not for much longer and we don't have much time to sort things out for next season. I think we should be told.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. Perhaps we should be told more, if only to convince people like me that if I invest in a new season ticket, the club will be around to fulfil its fixtures. But the reality is, the only people who can tell us are Alan Hardy or the new owners, if they exist, so we cannot do anything but wait until either of them are ready to reveal something, be it good or bad news.

If Hardy is lying I wouldnt want be in his shoes thats for sure.

Imagine sending oldest pro club out of business jeez.

My belief is someone is interested as the HMRC would have nailed us by now they cant go on "Someone will buy us"

Let me put it this way, there are no grounds for optimism at Meadow Lane in terms of the future. By the end of the summer. we might be delighted if we were set up to play Solihull Moors, but that's too ambitious by far in my estimation.
    El Sid

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

My belief is someone is interested as the HMRC would have nailed us by now they cant go on "Someone will buy us"
    And bear in mind we have history with the HMRC several times, including being the club that was in administration longer than any other.

I too would be surprised if HMRC willingly accepted a delay to the end of the season unless they had been given fairly solid reason to be patient. They're not exactly sentimental about these things. Originally, they wouldn't even countenance four £50k payments spread over April, so something presumably convinced them that their short-term and long-term interests would be served by changing that stance and permitting an extra period of grace. We're trying to draw meaningful conclusions from tiny bits of information. We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by jackal2; 19-04-2019 at 09:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post

If there was anybody still genuinely intent on buying the club then it's becoming self evident that they would prefer to buy it at a knock down price after we've been relegated, hence their desire to remain in the shadows until the worst (or worst yet) is over.

If there was anybody still genuinely intent on buying the club then it's becoming self evident that they would prefer to buy it at a knock down price after we've been relegated, hence their desire to remain in the shadows until the worst (or worst yet) is over.
    It was pretty much admitted in Court that this is the case, at least as I understood the media reports.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Let me put it this way, there are no grounds for optimism at Meadow Lane in terms of the future. By the end of the summer. we might be delighted if we were set up to play Solihull Moors, but that's too ambitious by far in my estimation.
    El Sid
    There are some upbeat characters in this world, that's for sure.

Shed loads of cash then?.... yeah, let’s wait until the club is in the Conference, then buy it for nowt.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast