+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: New Owners spotted at the ground today......

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Shed loads of cash then?.... yeah, let’s wait until the club is in the Conference, then buy it for nowt.
    Can you blame people for that ???

This all falls on the watch of Hardy and that is why he is no longer on twitter he'd get hammered.

We wont have long to find out how true it all is I wouldnt 100% trust what he says if hobest.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Shed loads of cash then?.... yeah, let’s wait until the club is in the Conference, then buy it for nowt.
    That's business or call it being shrewd.What i Can't understand is why not buy Notts for X amount now with a set agreement that if Notts stay up, we play you X amount more,go down,sweet FA extra. Could be that it is a done deal, but don't want to take the focus away from staying up.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    So we've got a Geoffrey and a George......

Were Zippy and Bungle there too?
    😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

Quote Originally Posted by Bernard_Bresslaw View Post
    Richmond? Boycott? Archer? Leonard?
    “You still not got it?”

I can’t see that there is anyone inline to buy the club to carry it forward to a stronger future. If you do a little basic online research it is evident that the names which have been mentioned including the “dealmaker” Terry Pritchard do not appear to have any obvious great wealth. My opinion is that Pritchard is being used to find a buyer or worse still it is he that wants to buy the club. As his company claims to have access to large amounts of finance (borrowed not owned) is it possible that he is looking to pick up the club on the cheap and perhaps sell on once its fate has been determined for a quick profit, but is there anything of value? I cannot believe that the due diligence could take as long as it would appear and neither can I believe that any potential new owners would just sit back hide and do nothing to help the club unless they only had limited financial resources. Finally someone buying the club over such a protracted period would find it impossible to remain anonymous; names would have leaked by now. I don’t put much importance in the Inland revenues action either, as long as they have been paid something and there is a reasonable chance of collecting more in the future, why would they force the club out of business now as there would be little or no chance of getting full payment if forced into administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Biker9999 View Post
    I can’t see that there is anyone inline to buy the club to carry it forward to a stronger future. If you do a little basic online research it is evident that the names which have been mentioned including the “dealmaker” Terry Pritchard do not appear to have any obvious great wealth. My opinion is that Pritchard is being used to find a buyer or worse still it is he that wants to buy the club. As his company claims to have access to large amounts of finance (borrowed not owned) is it possible that he is looking to pick up the club on the cheap and perhaps sell on once its fate has been determined for a quick profit, but is there anything of value? I cannot believe that the due diligence could take as long as it would appear and neither can I believe that any potential new owners would just sit back hide and do nothing to help the club unless they only had limited financial resources. Finally someone buying the club over such a protracted period would find it impossible to remain anonymous; names would have leaked by now. I don’t put much importance in the Inland revenues action either, as long as they have been paid something and there is a reasonable chance of collecting more in the future, why would they force the club out of business now as there would be little or no chance of getting full payment if forced into administration.
    Some good points there but I'm not sure I'd call it "protracted", it's only been 3 months or so, it took a whole year for Hardy to get control from Trew. Problem is, we don't have a year to get it sorted this time around.

When Mr Hardy announced the due diligence was being being undertaken I had already been told that someone was further down the line and were going to complete around that time.

If my sauce is correct then this infers the original buyer pulled out at the last minute.

At the moment it’s not looking rosy given the buyer won’t complete until our fate is known.

Either way we are living in troubled times with potentially disastrous scenarios, we have to fear the worst and hope for the best.

I'm not sure about this wait till they're relegated then buy theory. If they'd have done the deal whilst we are still a league club it would have given us a big boost and they might have put someone else in charge. Also what's to say we're going to come back up straight away, they could be years down there with ever decreasing crowds resulting in even less money generated. I think the theory we had a buyer, they pulled out and now we don't is more likely.

Come on euro millions rollover ha ha.

The biggest issue the club faces at the moment is the reluctance of ST holders to renew. People are simply frightened of ending up as a creditor if the club goes into administration or liquidation.

Either the potential buyers reveal themselves or the club is going into the summer with zero cash in the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post

If my sauce is correct then this infers the original buyer pulled out at the last minute.
    Implies!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast