+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Social Media Bollox

Social Media Bollox

All my Daughters are on it, many of my friends are on it, my eldest Daughter got me on it about 7 Years ago, I put a few funnies and cartoon pictures up, but I have never written one word on it, I know its maybe good for finding folk you went to School with and old friends but besides that I don't see the point of it.

Now Dozy Rose and friends have boycotted Instagram, Facebook and Twitter for 24 Hours in protest at Racism in Football, The PFA said the boycott was the "first step in a longer campaign to tackle racism in football".

SO WHAT ? Who the hell is going to worry about the boycott besides groupies of these players, the exercise IMO is like their minds, very weak, self serving and immature.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47982403
    Last edited by Altobelli; 19-04-2019 at 09:38 PM.

I dont go near social media - Alto....am not interested, anyway....is about gathering data and building patterns to profile the user and influence them with whatever strategy fits the buisness or political goal.

...as for this Racism in Football.

Earlier this week, Manchester United captain Ashley Young was racially abused on Twitter.

Troy Deeney said "enough is enough".

"On Friday we are sending a message to anyone that abuses players - or anyone else - whether from the crowd or online, that we won't tolerate it within football," said Deeney, who disabled comments on his Instagram after abuse earlier this month.
    "The boycott is just one small step, but the players are speaking out with one voice against racism."

so...i'd guess these guys have many thousands of followers - Twitter (I read) has 321 million monthly users....just as football has many millions of Fans....but out of all those good and respectful folk that follow the game....they seek to highlight a miniscule number of idiots that the vast majority are already fully aware of being so.....that to me, seems like a seriously foolish approach to a negligible irritation....but are seeing a lot of these histrionics taking over from good sense nowadays..... now that is worrying !

they'd do well to listen to the wise words of this U.S Supreme Court Judge !

They're boycotting social media for 24 hours, well thanks guys, that's my weekend ruined !!

Actually, as Norder points out, they'd be well advised to listen to Clarence Thomas, instead I suspect they may be more inflienced by morons like David Lammy.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    They're boycotting social media for 24 hours, well thanks guys, that's my weekend ruined !!

Actually, as Norder points out, they'd be well advised to listen to Clarence Thomas, instead I suspect they may be more inflienced by morons like David Lammy.
    Still not sure what Lammy was trying to establish with his rant sinkov. I prefer "ill-advised" to moron, but then again you might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

Still not sure what Lammy was trying to establish with his rant sinkov. I prefer "ill-advised" to moron, but then again you might be right.

I've been listening with interest to Mr Lammy's pronouncements for quite a number of years now 59, rest assured, to describe him as a 'moron' was a carefully considered choice. I don't think it would have been innaccurate to have inserted 'dangerous' in front of moron either, but it is Easter, peace and goodwill to all men etc, so I didn't.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)