+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I'm sick to death of hearing ...

I'm sick to death of hearing ...

They've given it there all when they clearly haven't. That incudes you, boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I'm just sick to death of this season and every 4kin moment of it. It's like being stuck in a causal time loop, 'Everyone else in the rele zone has lost, we just need to win our games, doh'!!!

'Everyone else in the rele zone has lost, we just need to win our games, doh'!!!

'Everyone else in the rele zone has lost, we just need to win our games, doh'!!!

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

Unless Macclesfield and Yeovil win all their games

I believe they are trying but unfortunately they're all non leaguse quality and is exactly where they're headed!!

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    I've got some sympathy for managers and players when they get a microphone stuck under their nose just after they've come off the pitch, because it tends to lead to emotional or defensive comments, or even more football clichés than normal.

Having said that, clearly at least one player didn't "give it everything" yesterday, otherwise David Wheeler would have been properly marked at the corner. The suggestion seemed to be that the arrival of Chuks Aneke as an extra big man disrupted the man marking plan, but frankly the captain and his players should be able to sort that problem out on the pitch. If you're having to check with the manager on the sidelines it suggests they were either under-prepared, or possibly even over-prepared to the point where the plan was too rigid to adapt to new circumstances.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I've got some sympathy for managers and players when they get a microphone stuck under their nose just after they've come off the pitch, because it tends to lead to emotional or defensive comments, or even more football clichés than normal.

Having said that, clearly at least one player didn't "give it everything" yesterday, otherwise David Wheeler would have been properly marked at the corner. The suggestion seemed to be that the arrival of Chuks Aneke as an extra big man disrupted the man marking plan, but frankly the captain and his players should be able to sort that problem out on the pitch. If you're having to check with the manager on the sidelines it suggests they were either under-prepared, or possibly even over-prepared to the point where the plan was too rigid to adapt to new circumstances.
    I'm self-employed, if I haven't got any work in front of me I go looking for some, if I don't the bills won't get paid. Unfortunately neither lack of ability and/or desire excludes the only people who can get us out of this mess from picking up a fat cheque each month.

Yep. Sick of Ardley's whining. Anyone hear Doyle being interviewed by Slater. I thought Doyle was bloody rude tbh. I get the "it's not our fault" feeling. Anyone else take corners? I did applaud the team off but came away feeling mightily depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon the Pieman View Post
    Yep. Sick of Ardley's whining. Anyone hear Doyle being interviewed by Slater. I thought Doyle was bloody rude tbh. I get the "it's not our fault" feeling. Anyone else take corners? I did applaud the team off but came away feeling mightily depressed.

Theories abound that Doyle has too much control over Hardley. Plays every match, club captain, takes every corner and dead ball kick, regardless.

made me mad to listen to Ardley when someone asked him about Doyle taking every set piece even though he's rubbish and that was several games ago. His answer was who else do I get to take them, sweet jesus man, someone who might put in a decent delivery. Sick of Ardley, 23 games and not a clue, sick of him, he's crap.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Theories abound that Doyle has too much control over Hardley. Plays every match, club captain, takes every corner and dead ball kick, regardless.
    He hasn't been in great form recently but I thought Doyle (and Mitch Rose) played quite well yesterday to be fair, providing the midfield screen and spraying passes around. The first goal was a marking issue rather being from open play. Until then, the system was working well. We only started looking vulnerable through midfield after that, when we had to chase the game and Aneke exploited the space on the counter attack. The worst result we should have achieved from that game was 0-0, but someone didn't do their job at a set piece and consequently, we got nothing.

Re Doyle - how quickly do you fall from hero to zero in the eyes of fickle footy fans?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast