+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    You couldnt explain why, when both teams are on the same points, one are bottlers and the are not... You said before the match we didnt need a 20+ a season scorer like the Hull striker as we have been prolific in front of goal all season, your words in the Blunts thread below
    Unless you hadn't noticed, we're 2nd in the table with the 4th most prolific goalscoring record in the division, and goals have come from a variety of sources and directions

A defeat later and your slagging them, In this crazy league where anyone can beat anyone. Last season Blunts finished 10th, us 13th and 9 points behind.
    A bad result , we all know that, doesn't take away from what has been for the most part our best season in years, with the best football played in years and best crowds since our relegation from topflight.

Lets see if you can make comment against someone who disagrees with your view without your usual use of personal insults... will hold my breath
    Please tell me in what way our performance in Friday was acceptable?

My comment about goal scoring, and that we have obtained goals from a variety of sources, is entirely consistent with a view/opinion that last Friday's performance was unacceptable (putting it mildly).

Last season's finishing positions are irrelevant. The fact we're so high this season means we have so much further to fall and performances like last Friday's makes any sane individual question just what was going through the minds of our 1st team when they performed on a par with my local pub team.

And look, no insults, your turn.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Please tell me in what way our performance in Friday was acceptable?

My comment about goal scoring, and that we have obtained goals from a variety of sources, is entirely consistent with a view/opinion that last Friday's performance was unacceptable (putting it mildly).

Last season's finishing positions are irrelevant. The fact we're so high this season means we have so much further to fall and performances like last Friday's makes any sane individual question just what was going through the minds of our 1st team when they performed on a par with my local pub team.

And look, no insults, your turn.
    Come on WTF...no one is saying anything other than Friday's performance was abysmal...but that has to be balanced with the many wonderful performances that the lads have given.

As has been said, these are Championship level players...good but not consistently so otherwise they'd be Premiership players. Last seasons finishing position gives some idea of the true level of the squad (without a truly world class coach)...and so any sane individual would realise that what's going through the players minds is the same self-doubt that we all feel at times...and unfortunately too many of them experienced that psychological weakness on Friday, and so played badly. Shame, but that's the reality of being human. Maybe you're a mental rock and so don't appreciate that weaknesses can and do exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    Come on WTF...no one is saying anything other than Friday's performance was abysmal...but that has to be balanced with the many wonderful performances that the lads have given.

As has been said, these are Championship level players...good but not consistently so otherwise they'd be Premiership players. Last seasons finishing position gives some idea of the true level of the squad (without a truly world class coach)...and so any sane individual would realise that what's going through the players minds is the same self-doubt that we all feel at times...and unfortunately too many of them experienced that psychological weakness on Friday, and so played badly. Shame, but that's the reality of being human. Maybe you're a mental rock and so don't appreciate that weaknesses can and do exist.

I would say more of a mental cock.

A truly one-of-a-kind response, and appreciated as such.

But....the squad have grown and their performance has grown accordingly, making last Friday even more inexplicable. A team capable of coming back from potential defeat to a "credible" opposition, subsequently shown to be incapable of defending a lead against a ten man team from a club with 1 away win all season, never mind actually scoring.

To get where they are (admittedly not PL yet), they MUST have self belief. Years of coaching, teaching, training, performance, cannot just be wiped out and their influence cannot just disappear, but apparently that is possible. Without some of that rubbing off, how could we possibly be where we are at this stage in the season?

At this time, in this situation, the players need to show the supporters the same devotion, commitment and faith that has been given to this club by hundreds of thousands over decades, nothing else is acceptable, certainly not the abject misery of last Friday

Quote Originally Posted by leedsutdman View Post
    I would say more of a mental cock.
    So funny..........or not

A truly one-of-a-kind response, and appreciated as such.

But....the squad have grown and their performance has grown accordingly, making last Friday even more inexplicable. A team capable of coming back from potential defeat to a "credible" opposition, subsequently shown to be incapable of defending a lead against a ten man team from a club with 1 away win all season, never mind actually scoring.

To get where they are (admittedly not PL yet), they MUST have self belief. Years of coaching, teaching, training, performance, cannot just be wiped out and their influence cannot just disappear, but apparently that is possible. Without some of that rubbing off, how could we possibly be where we are at this stage in the season?

At this time, in this situation, the players need to show the supporters the same devotion, commitment and faith that has been given to this club by hundreds of thousands over decades, nothing else is acceptable, certainly not the abject misery of last Friday
    I appreciate your undoubted passion too, WTF. I just can't believe that the team bottled it because of a lack of commitment or will (they've shown an abundance of those two traits all year). My only explanation is based on the fact that they are Championship players and human...and so all the "years of coaching, teaching, training, performance" may never be able to give them that little extra to ensure they consistently beat lesser teams.

Three games left though and remember that the Sheffield squad is also made up of Championship players, with all the inconsistencies that brings. Anything can still happen...and probably will...that's both the beauty and horror of being a passionate supporter.

I appreciate your undoubted passion too, WTF. I just can't believe that the team bottled it because of a lack of commitment or will (they've shown an abundance of those two traits all year). My only explanation is based on the fact that they are Championship players and human...and so all the "years of coaching, teaching, training, performance" may never be able to give them that little extra to ensure they consistently beat lesser teams.

Three games left though and remember that the Sheffield squad is also made up of Championship players, with all the inconsistencies that brings. Anything can still happen...and probably will...that's both the beauty and horror of being a passionate supporter.
    Flint we did not bottle it because of lack of commitment that is not the case
    The commitment was there to see we bottled it because some could not handle the pressure that is a massive difference Top sportsmen thrive on pressure Federer Woods Ronaldo Messi and loads more thats what gives them that edge they perform when it matters
    We played a team that had not won away since August that where down to 10 men and 1 nil down
    That was the time to show composure knock the ball about pick your moment and easily get the job done
    But panick set in when they got the break away goal and the rest is history
    Only my view but i thought it was a complete bottle job the pressure getting to them the ball was a hot spud and the goals must have looked like 5 a side goals thats what pressure does to you we have plenty of quality in that side far more than sheff utd to have pissed that game 3 or 4 nil
    There is a good chance today that Hull will get something out of todays game as Hull do score goals sheff utd may have to score 2 or 3 goals to win
    If Hull get a draw or win then it is game on
    We need to do a Cantona put our collars up and say " Brentford who the fk are you" and give them a good hiding
    I almost bottled todays game thought fk it im off to the west shore in llandudno sunning myself but in 30 mins heading west london hoping that hull do us a favour and leeds win
    Lets all hope that happens

I'm a life long St. Louis blues hockey fan. 53 years of never quite getting the job done and choking at the end. Some teams that don't even exist anymore in the NHL hoisted the cup while we never got a sniff of it after the first 2 years in the League (1967 and 1968).

While Leeds is no where near that mediocre I know a choker when I see it. Limping into the playoffs is a sure fire way of losing first round.

I think it was Silentman that pointed out we'll lose Biesla if we don't go up and we'll be lost in the championship for another spell. Depressing as hell. we'll lose our young stars along with some of the seniors.

Gotta hand it to the blades... they faded last and came back and got it done this year.

I'd rather be questioning the ability of our players to deliver what they are capable of (and have proved as much repeatedly this season), than some delusional, ar5e-licking, bend-over and sh4g-me-again apologist like you and those you seem to be happy to agree with.

I'm NOT a Leeds "fan". My SUPPORT for Leeds United has cost me more than I care to think about, and was I able (physically and economically), I'd still be at ER every week (as I was in the years when visits from Yeovil and others were the regular fare).

The gutless, mind-numbingly inept performance on Friday is and was unacceptable, because not one of the players in our first team can claim to truly feel what supporters like myself with over 50 years of supporting Leeds United feel.

You'd accept less, then shame on you.
    You really are thick as mince!
    Of course I'm disappointed when we lose, and of course it was a sickener to lose how we did to Wigan, but unlike you and a few others I don't slag the players off after every defeat and I don't cream myself after every win, it's called "Balance" you pompous ****!

You call into question the desire of the players after they lose a home game for the first time this season after scoring first, I don't remember you saying anything like that after the same players turned a game around against both Villa and Blackburn in the dying seconds....short .. sorry ... selective memory?

You need to have a word with yourself you miserable fecker, and stop griping after every defeat.

Fortunately for the team they don't get your moaning arse on a seat each week slagging them off and poisoning the otherwise fantastic atmosphere at Elland road this season.

You are the original fickle fecker for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    You really are thick as mince!
    Of course I'm disappointed when we lose, and of course it was a sickener to lose how we did to Wigan, but unlike you and a few others I don't slag the players off after every defeat and I don't cream myself after every win, it's called "Balance" you pompous ****!

You call into question the desire of the players after they lose a home game for the first time this season after scoring first, I don't remember you saying anything like that after the same players turned a game around against both Villa and Blackburn in the dying seconds....short .. sorry ... selective memory?

You need to have a word with yourself you miserable fecker, and stop griping after every defeat.

Fortunately for the team they don't get your moaning arse on a seat each week slagging them off and poisoning the otherwise fantastic atmosphere at Elland road this season.

You are the original fickle fecker for sure.
    And you sir are a patronising, sanctimonious cnut if the first order.

Your "disappointed" at a performance that probably means we will be in this meatgrinder for another season. Well whoopsy do, im sure we all feel the same, NOT!

You think neither I nor others presumably should question player commitment in THAT game, not any other at any other time?

As it happens I don't "gripe after every defeat", but neither do I think that the supporters should just sit back and be "disappointed", at the kind of abject incompetence we showed last Friday, something you ok with "on balance"?

ALAW, yeah.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)