+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Aftermath

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I'd rather be questioning the ability of our players to deliver what they are capable of (and have proved as much repeatedly this season), than some delusional, ar5e-licking, bend-over and sh4g-me-again apologist like you and those you seem to be happy to agree with.

I'm NOT a Leeds "fan". My SUPPORT for Leeds United has cost me more than I care to think about, and was I able (physically and economically), I'd still be at ER every week (as I was in the years when visits from Yeovil and others were the regular fare).

The gutless, mind-numbingly inept performance on Friday is and was unacceptable, because not one of the players in our first team can claim to truly feel what supporters like myself with over 50 years of supporting Leeds United feel.

You'd accept less, then shame on you.
    I'm glad you said recently that you never called others names...and it was only you that copped it!

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    I'm glad you said recently that you never called others names...and it was only you that copped it!
    Sometimes my halo slips, I can't help it when it comes to some "contributors".

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Stop doing your usual deflecting/side tracking/back tracking.

What has the division the Blunts were playing in last 1 or 2 seasons got to do with the here and now?
    They've had 13 players in and 12 out in just the last season alone.

You have been bashing the team (yet again) calling them a pub team and bottlers! While telling us how the Blunts can handle the pressure......
    Yet we both have the same amount of points.. = same amount of "bottling", as OWTaff say's these are not PL players.
    look at our form since Jan and compare it to the Blunts. Hard game against Hull they win 3-0. Winnable games against Wigan and Brentford we look feckless and clueless for all our possession and pretty patterns. For a team sitting so high we luck as if scoring is the impossible dream atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintadore View Post
    I appreciate your undoubted passion too, WTF. I just can't believe that the team bottled it because of a lack of commitment or will (they've shown an abundance of those two traits all year). My only explanation is based on the fact that they are Championship players and human...and so all the "years of coaching, teaching, training, performance" may never be able to give them that little extra to ensure they consistently beat lesser teams.

Three games left though and remember that the Sheffield squad is also made up of Championship players, with all the inconsistencies that brings. Anything can still happen...and probably will...that's both the beauty and horror of being a passionate supporter.
    Contrast and compare, Blades second in the table only in goal difference go away from home to a team only recently relegated from the Premiership and currently mid-table and come away 3 - 0 winners. Leeds, third in the league inky in goal difference, go to away to a club not so long ago in League 1, and lose (and not in any way honourably), 2 - 0.

Bottled, not good enough, incompetent, what would you call it?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)