+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Aftermath

Aftermath

At 55 I can't believe I feel as low as when we were cheated in 1975 against Bayern Munich, didn't sleep last night running it over and over in my head about what should have been, how many times does this happen, didn't think at my age and experience I would let Leeds lull me into a false sense of security yet again, but the ba####ds did, even worse is when they lose to Brentford ( which they will ) and those scummy canaries beat Stoke ( which they will ) the team I love will hand the title to the team I most despise with a passion...football can get no worse than this!!!!!!

Must admit I awoke this morning with that 'was it just a bad dream' kind of feeling..then the reality hit me again.
    Lose when the team has given everything and you accept it but yesterday was just a pure bottle job.
    I have got the same feeling which I had when we got relegated from the Premiership/Championship/Play-off failure.

I've never been so gutted about one game. It wasn't even losing, I can stomach that it was seeing us go 1-0 up with them down to ten men against a team who are the worst in the league away from home. Then watching our team just throw it away, watching them it looked inevitable and the fact we didn't at any point realise Massey was too quick for our centre backs worried me.

I really hope they come back strong against Brentford, I still see Sheff U and Norwich dropping points but we've got to pick it up. I fear the playoffs as I don't see us doing well in them, we never do and these players look like they cant handle the real pressure, they stepped up when it was a big game but the reality was a loss wasn't the end of the world but yesterday they just froze and bottled it big time.

And today I get bombarded with club emails calling on me to but a Bremner stone, or something nice to celebrate the centenary.

Both would be nice in the right circumstances, but jees couldn't they pause and show a touch of humility after yesterday?

That was potentially the worst result ever I've seen as another 55 yr old supporter. Hitching, Newport etc. Bielsa's nervousness seems to be rubbing off on the players who can't deal with the clubs and supporters expectations. And his team selections ... WTF, I'm just baffled by them. We were always gonna!get caught down our left. Any manager worth his salt should see Alioski is a liability as a defender,. I.e. he's hardly ever in a left back position. And when he is attacking, Harrison should be covering him but I looked for him along that line a few times and don't know where the hell he was. Bielsa quite rightly takes the blame as IMO, the buck stops with him.

(I hate predictive text, so do you WTF but I wouldn't be petty enough to call you out on it ��)

Quote Originally Posted by denver11 View Post
    That was potentially the worst result ever I've seen as another 55 yr old supporter. Hitching, Newport etc. Bielsa's nervousness seems to be rubbing off on the players who can't deal with the clubs and supporters expectations. And his team selections ... WTF, I'm just baffled by them. We were always gonna!get caught down our left. Any manager worth his salt should see Alioski is a liability as a defender,. I.e. he's hardly ever in a left back position. And when he is attacking, Harrison should be covering him but I looked for him along that line a few times and don't know where the hell he was. Bielsa quite rightly takes the blame as IMO, the buck stops with him.

(I hate predictive text, so do you WTF but I wouldn't be petty enough to call you out on it ��)
    😉

Jeez, all this talk of 'the players bottled it' is starting to irritate now, they may have played poorly yesterday, but fks sake, reading some on here you'd think they did it on purpose, which is of course fkn ridiculous. The truth of the matter is that this group of players have over-performed in 85% of the games they've played this season, but unfortunately because they are not Man City or Barcelona sometimes collectively or individually they don't perform as we would all wish. And what the fk do people expect??? Like I said we're not a team packed with world class players. So that means that some games Pablo fks up - that is of course why he's playing for us and not Liverpool. Why do you think Harrison is turning out for us and not Man City - because he's not fkn de Bruyne that's why. For every player, they have a level of performance e.g. when Aguero shoots maybe 85% of the time he gets it right, when Bamford or Roofe shoot then they get it right maybe 55% of the time - that's why Aguero is a £75m player and Roofe and Bamford play for us. Same for Alioski, if he had a pinpoint crossing accuracy of, say, 80%, instead of the 40-50% he manages then he wouldn't be playing for us would he???

So, when we get a bad day when more of our players fluff their lines (maybe because they're human beings, and yes, did feel the pressure yesterday - but then it could be argued that can happen to human beings, no matter how much they're paid....) then a result like yesterday might happen. But even then it also takes luck (or lack of it). For example, I bet Forrestieri has tried to connect like he did yesterday 50 times and his goal yesterday just happened to be the time when it all came together, whereas the 49 previous times it didn't, and the effort ballooned over the bar or drifted harmlessly wide. Same for Adam Reach's goal against us earlier this season - 49 times out of 50 that would not have gone in. And yesterday, if luck had been with us, Roofe might have scored, Bamford might have scored again, Pablo would have scored the pen, one of our long range shots would have flown in etc etc etc, or of course Macey might have fluffed either or both of his chances. Now, of course, with better players then the chances of making the right decision go up, the chances of making the killer pass go up, the chances of making the right connection go up - but then of course (as above) that's what the big clubs pay the big bucks for - the chances of a player 'doing the right thing' is higher, (but they can still fk up of course, it's just less likely). But we can't pay the big bucks, so we have players who are sometimes brilliant, and are sometimes not brilliant, and there's nothing that's going to change that until we can shop at Harrods rather than Tescos. And as long as we're shopping at Tescos then Tescos results are going to happen. The nightmare for all us fans is that unluckily one of those Tescos performances happened yesterday.

Yesterday was terrible, but there's no way the players weren't trying, it'd depressing yes, but in the end we lost because unfortunately too many of the players were on the wrong side of their % chances of 'doing it right'. And even when that happens sometimes wins are flooked, but sadly Lady Luck was looking elsewhere yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Jeez, all this talk of 'the players bottled it' is starting to irritate now, they may have played poorly yesterday, but fks sake, reading some on here you'd think they did it on purpose, which is of course fkn ridiculous. The truth of the matter is that this group of players have over-performed in 85% of the games they've played this season, but unfortunately because they are not Man City or Barcelona sometimes collectively or individually they don't perform as we would all wish. And what the fk do people expect??? Like I said we're not a team packed with world class players. So that means that some games Pablo fks up - that is of course why he's playing for us and not Liverpool. Why do you think Harrison is turning out for us and not Man City - because he's not fkn de Bruyne that's why. For every player, they have a level of performance e.g. when Aguero shoots maybe 85% of the time he gets it right, when Bamford or Roofe shoot then they get it right maybe 55% of the time - that's why Aguero is a £75m player and Roofe and Bamford play for us. Same for Alioski, if he had a pinpoint crossing accuracy of, say, 80%, instead of the 40-50% he manages then he wouldn't be playing for us would he???

So, when we get a bad day when more of our players fluff their lines (maybe because they're human beings, and yes, did feel the pressure yesterday - but then it could be argued that can happen to human beings, no matter how much they're paid....) then a result like yesterday might happen. But even then it also takes luck (or lack of it). For example, I bet Forrestieri has tried to connect like he did yesterday 50 times and his goal yesterday just happened to be the time when it all came together, whereas the 49 previous times it didn't, and the effort ballooned over the bar or drifted harmlessly wide. Same for Adam Reach's goal against us earlier this season - 49 times out of 50 that would not have gone in. And yesterday, if luck had been with us, Roofe might have scored, Bamford might have scored again, Pablo would have scored the pen, one of our long range shots would have flown in etc etc etc, or of course Macey might have fluffed either or both of his chances. Now, of course, with better players then the chances of making the right decision go up, the chances of making the killer pass go up, the chances of making the right connection go up - but then of course (as above) that's what the big clubs pay the big bucks for - the chances of a player 'doing the right thing' is higher, (but they can still fk up of course, it's just less likely). But we can't pay the big bucks, so we have players who are sometimes brilliant, and are sometimes not brilliant, and there's nothing that's going to change that until we can shop at Harrods rather than Tescos. And as long as we're shopping at Tescos then Tescos results are going to happen. The nightmare for all us fans is that unluckily one of those Tescos performances happened yesterday.

Yesterday was terrible, but there's no way the players weren't trying, it'd depressing yes, but in the end we lost because unfortunately too many of the players were on the wrong side of their % chances of 'doing it right'. And even when that happens sometimes wins are flooked, but sadly Lady Luck was looking elsewhere yesterday.

Good post and spot on. Let's get to Monday and see if there isn't another twist or turn to come.

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post

So taking the "shopping at Tesco" analogy a little further, let's examine (as was being discussed in another thread very recently), the performance if Sheffield United, (who have been shopping at Aldi), for players who seem very capable of responding to pressure and not performing like my local pub team, unlike most of our 1st team against a team with 1 away win before we gifted them their second.

Good luck, bad luck, FFS! these are PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS who performed no better than the pub team I mention above, and just how many of the many chances we created were anywhere near their supposed target??

Stop making excuses for pi55-poor performance, and as for the message to the 1st team (as opposed to support for Leeds the club, which is a whole different ball game, literally), it's "get your sh1t together and win games you have no right to lose!!!"

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So taking the "shopping at Tesco" analogy a little further, let's examine (as was being discussed in another thread very recently), the performance if Sheffield United, (who have been shopping at Aldi), for players who seem very capable of responding to pressure and not performing like my local pub team, unlike most of our 1st team against a team with 1 away win before we gifted them their second.

Good luck, bad luck, FFS! these are PROFESSIONAL FOOTBALL PLAYERS who performed no better than the pub team I mention above, and just how many of the many chances we created were anywhere near their supposed target??

Stop making excuses for pi55-poor performance, and as for the message to the 1st team (as opposed to support for Leeds the club, which is a whole different ball game, literally), it's "get your sh1t together and win games you have no right to lose!!!"
    If The Blunts are so much better than our pub team, and never fluff their lines... how come we are on the same points as them?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)