+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plymouth Argyle v Barnsley Match Thread

Plymouth Argyle v Barnsley Match Thread

A banana skin if ever I saw one on monday afternoon .

We are now at the stage where one defeat ends your automatic hopes , you could argue a single point at Home Park may not be enough either .

Out of all the automatic promotion campaigns I've witnessed this is by far the most competitive .

Historically it was tight in previous years but at this stage of the season we had a bit more insurance should we be defeated .

I remember the defeat at relegated Blackpool in 81 with only two games to go , we completed the job the following Tuesday at home to Rotherham .

The defeat at Portsmouth in 97 wasn't catastrophic either and we beat Bradford a few days later to clinch our place in the PL .

This season is massively different although it's the same for our two rivals Sunderland and Portsmouth , they can't afford to drop points either .

Someone or both by definition have to drop points next saturday though between those two .

All we can do is take care of our own business , whoever claims the automatic places will deserve it given the competitiveness .

A defeat for Luton this evening and it will get even more interesting .

UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO .

Great post , Animal! I thought Plymouth were one of the best footballing sides at Oakwell - a win puts a lot of pressure on, a draw (or defeat) messed it all up (unless the others do the same

Hope they haven't burnt themselves out the last few games they have looked sluggish and let's face it were lucky to keep on picking points up !

Would anyone change the team ? Cavare for Williams , Lindsey for Jackson , assuming they are both Fit ? , I agree with Anston, Plymouth were a decent side at Oakwell , very dangerous forwards , plus one of the best midfield players in the Division, Carey , It's going to be tough to get anything from this Match

As Jeff wud say "It's a BIG, BIG game"

Thull be a lotta sunburnt, pissed up, Reds fans in Home Park.

Ad bring in Cavare and Lindsay (if fit) and start wi Kieffer instead of Thiam who was sh1te yisterdi.

Definitely SB it could stop the silly goals as of late and Moore giving that extra bite up front

Hope the Plymouth keeper hands the game to us like the Accy keeper has to Luton.
    Two pens and sent off inside 25 minutes.
    Unbelievable Jeff.

Plymouth have won once in their last NINE games funnily enough a 2-1 home victory against Shrewsbury!
    The Mackems and Charlton have both beaten them 2-0 recently and Charlton won at Home Park, lets be honest if we don't win then we deserve what we end up with?

If we don't win , Iit's playoffs , and i dont fancy our chances in them .

Just arrived! Apparently Going to see the ho tomorrow!! Should I be wary that she wants me to see the Ho!

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast