+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Another summer of possible uncertainty

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Another summer of possible uncertainty

Trying not to think back to yesterdays result ( speechless / wordless ), if, the worst should happen & promotion is missed, just wondering about the longer term effects.
    Radz, has already hinted about the financial side, can he sustain another year or two,
    Bielsa, would he stay or go - he just strikes me as an " impact type coach " his style / tactics built for cup campaign or give everything for one season.
    Players, be happy to see some return or sold, but prize assets like Phillips / Roofe / and young Clarke, could well be poached etc.

Club still has chance to finish what it started, but failure, the possible outcome could be massive.

Honestly if we dont go up I think we'd do much better next year anyway.

I don't see anyone leaving (and if anyone did it would be Phillips who I think we could replace) and I think we'd add 2/3 more players in areas we've seen we are short i.e. a winger whether than be Dan James or someone else, another attacking mid as that was supposed to be Izzy Brown but well he has been absent entirely and then one more striker. I also think we'd add Harrison either permanently or on another year loan.

Add to that the likes of Clarke, Shackleton, Edmondson, Bogusz, Davies, Odour, Hugo Diaz, Temenuzhkov etc all a year older and a year more experienced we'd have plenty of young energy in reserve.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post

I don't see anyone leaving (and if anyone did it would be Phillips who I think we could replace) and I think we'd add 2/3 more players in areas we've seen we are short i.e. a winger whether than be Dan James or someone else, another attacking mid as that was supposed to be Izzy Brown but well he has been absent entirely and then one more striker. I also think we'd add Harrison either permanently or on another year loan.

Add to that the likes of Clarke, Shackleton, Edmondson, Bogusz, Davies, Odour, Hugo Diaz, Temenuzhkov etc all a year older and a year more experienced we'd have plenty of young energy in reserve.
    Why would you extend the loan, or worse still make a permanent acquisition, if a player who with only two notable exceptions has been little more than a spectator during every match he has played ( and he has played in way too many)?

As for Odour, don't hold your breath as the rumour is he is being released.

And how (with what), do you think we would replace Phillips, one of the most improved (if not THE most improved) players in the 1st team squad, with all the £millions we won't have compared to those descending from above?.

Fantasy land. We spent next to f00k alĺ on getting a replacement to an already serviceable GK instead of bolstering an attacking line-up too dependent upon Roofe and a less than stellar Bamford. Why would you imagine that an owner with considerable cash-flow challenges outside of his Leeds ownership would be able to conjure up said £millions and decide to devote them to another shot at promotion when he has been so right totally kicked in the nuts this time round?

Bielsa might (just might) be persuaded to stay, but could equally say he did his best with a squad that last season was poor and underperforming. If he doesn't see investment if the sort mentioned above, he might equally be persuaded to try his luck elsewhere, he would have a lot of credibility going his way no matter where we finish this season.

Whatever way you look at the future, yesterday's "performance" has delivered us into a place we ought not to be. Shame the players seem not to have taken that on board.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Why would you extend the loan, or worse still make a permanent acquisition, if a player who with only two notable exceptions has been little more than a spectator during every match he has played ( and he has played in way too many)?

As for Odour, don't hold your breath as the rumour is he is being released.

And how (with what), do you think we would replace Phillips, one of the most improved (if not THE most improved) players in the 1st team squad, with all the £millions we won't have compared to those descending from above?.

Fantasy land. We spent next to f00k alĺ on getting a replacement to an already serviceable GK instead of bolstering an attacking line-up too dependent upon Roofe and a less than stellar Bamford. Why would you imagine that an owner with considerable cash-flow challenges outside of his Leeds ownership would be able to conjure up said £millions and decide to devote them to another shot at promotion when he has been so right totally kicked in the nuts this time round?

Bielsa might (just might) be persuaded to stay, but could equally say he did his best with a squad that last season was poor and underperforming. If he doesn't see investment if the sort mentioned above, he might equally be persuaded to try his luck elsewhere, he would have a lot of credibility going his way no matter where we finish this season.

Whatever way you look at the future, yesterday's "performance" has delivered us into a place we ought not to be. Shame the players seem not to have taken that on board.
    **** off.

**** off.
    How erudite and sophisticated, about in a par with our "agricultural" performance of yesterday.

Better next year Deluded
    Next couple of weeks is make or break
    If we dont go up just think of warnock,hecky,and fk me the rest of the **** we have had
    If we go up
    Think of James think of Harry Wilson and think of Anfield and not Kenilworth Road
    So dont be so stupid and deluded

Quote Originally Posted by klix View Post
    Better next year Deluded
    Next couple of weeks is make or break
    If we dont go up just think of warnock,hecky,and fk me the rest of the **** we have had
    If we go up
    Think of James think of Harry Wilson and think of Anfield and not Kenilworth Road
    So dont be so stupid and deluded
    Careful Klix, you'll be ąccused of not being supportive.

Could we let the season end before summer talk?

We have to go up this season.History tells you that while we have been in this division the Premier clubs come sniffing and either a player says he want's to f*ck off (see Chris Wood) or we get an offer for a player that our owner simply can't refuse.(Sounds familiar yes?)

Then Bielsa says he has taken us as far as he can (due to player's being sold ) and also f*cks off.

Reality..it can be a right b@stard!

Whatever happens we are in a far better place than 12 months ago

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)