+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Auchinleck Talbot

Auchinleck Talbot

What a f@cking great day I have just had in the presence of some of the most welcoming of people I have ever met at the fitba. That club deserves a thread to themselves

Last night I stayed in Auchinleck after Ayr United and planned on a couple of pints and bed. That turned into closing time at one speaking fitba with the locals. Even had a conversation with a guy for an hour then about ten minutes later he asked me where my accent was from and why I found myself in Auchinleck. Which I had already explained in the hour. It was like a reset button. But all the guys in there were sound. Also got invited to stay when I'm down to tick off Glenafton and Cumnock

At the Social club I was early and read a paper over a pint. Old mannie started talking which turned into multiple old mannies. Loved the quest im on. Then committee members took an interest. Everyone was stopping for a yap. Didn't read the paper in the end. Got a free pint, programme and entry to the game. Great stories from over the years from the olds. One guy was at the first SC win in 1949. But the local passion is amazing. They all support "the Bot and Killie", "the Bot and Ayr". The Bot always came first

Beechwood is decent, it has a quality "nostalgia" shop in it. So I ended up with a bag full of books. But its a sea of black and gold during a game. Everyone wears the top.

Game was a doddle 6-0 v Carluke Rovers. Bit of an exhibition

Only b@stard was the Scottish Cup has been taken back by the FA so I never got to lift it

Fantastic Club and Fantastic folks and one of my favourite places I have ever visited. It what fitba should be like

And they all hate Cove Rangers

Good Luck in June to those guys

I saw them lift the Junior Cup a few years ago. It was more to be there when Clydebank lost it but it was a good day out. Work with a guy from Cumnock who absolutely loathes them. He’s a bit of a c0ck though.

One guy said he would rather befriend ISIS than a Cumnock fan

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    What a f@cking great day I have just had in the presence of some of the most welcoming of people I have ever met at the fitba. That club deserves a thread to themselves

Last night I stayed in Auchinleck after Ayr United and planned on a couple of pints and bed. That turned into closing time at one speaking fitba with the locals. Even had a conversation with a guy for an hour then about ten minutes later he asked me where my accent was from and why I found myself in Auchinleck. Which I had already explained in the hour. It was like a reset button. But all the guys in there were sound. Also got invited to stay when I'm down to tick off Glenafton and Cumnock

At the Social club I was early and read a paper over a pint. Old mannie started talking which turned into multiple old mannies. Loved the quest im on. Then committee members took an interest. Everyone was stopping for a yap. Didn't read the paper in the end. Got a free pint, programme and entry to the game. Great stories from over the years from the olds. One guy was at the first SC win in 1949. But the local passion is amazing. They all support "the Bot and Killie", "the Bot and Ayr". The Bot always came first

Beechwood is decent, it has a quality "nostalgia" shop in it. So I ended up with a bag full of books. But its a sea of black and gold during a game. Everyone wears the top.

Game was a doddle 6-0 v Carluke Rovers. Bit of an exhibition

Only b@stard was the Scottish Cup has been taken back by the FA so I never got to lift it

Fantastic Club and Fantastic folks and one of my favourite places I have ever visited. It what fitba should be like

And they all hate Cove Rangers

Good Luck in June to those guys
    I'm assuming the "nostalgia" shop is the programme shop, run by a great lad called John. He does it all to raise money for Auchinleck and gets donations from all over from the world of football memorabilia collecting. Funnily enough he is from down here in Englandshire... Grimsby to be precise, but he is an adopted Bot fan and now a local. Great to deal with too....

Good to hear they support Ayr and Killie rather than the ****, which I would have thought would have been the case.

I admire West/Central belt types that eschew the cheeks in favour of others, especially grass roots teams.
    Mair power to their elbows.

Quote Originally Posted by krakowdon View Post
    Good to hear they support Ayr and Killie rather than the ****, which I would have thought would have been the case.
    Only met one hun. Im as shocked as you

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    I'm assuming the "nostalgia" shop is the programme shop, run by a great lad called John. He does it all to raise money for Auchinleck and gets donations from all over from the world of football memorabilia collecting. Funnily enough he is from down here in Englandshire... Grimsby to be precise, but he is an adopted Bot fan and now a local. Great to deal with too....
    Thats him. Top top bloke. Had a good 20 minute blether with him

Hes actually welsh

I bought all his premier league review books off him.

Name:  D8N8cStXkAEf78B[1].jpg
Views: 808
Size:  64.0 KB

As I said in the OP fantastic club

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...k-fan-16252956