+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our ex strawberry eating manager

Our ex strawberry eating manager

Stay up , we keep him.
    Go down, we keep him.
    We all think we can play football manger.
    I just think the lad's got something.

Not quite sure I understand this, are you talking about Ardley and, if so, do we keep him next season? If that's the case would we want to keep him if we manage to avoid the drop and witness more of this again next season. He doesn't inspire me and I wouldn't look forward to seeing more of his tactical limitations and negative approach in league 2. Not quite sure what I'd do with him if we are relegated, can we afford to pay him off in that instance given the big drop in income?

We may as well have kept Fullarton. I would sack him even if we stayed up, because it would be more by luck than judgement. But the idea of rewarding him for taking the oldest league club into non-league is ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    We may as well have kept Fullarton. I would sack him even if we stayed up, because it would be more by luck than judgement. But the idea of rewarding him for taking the oldest league club into non-league is ridiculous.

This^^^^^^^^^

In retrospect, I think Fullasheite was marginally better?

Fullarton had an awful personality though, he came across as an absolute tw*t to the fans and players, wouldn't listen to any of the players under 24 and he lied to us. I don't remember fans wanting a manager to leave as much as Fullarton, the group of fans coming over from the Kop and standing behind the dugout with banners, chanting for him to "kindly depart" was a highlight of the season imo.

Yes, Ardley is very nice, I'll invite him for tea. But we're still ****e

Yeah I'm not defending Ardley, I think he's sh*te, but I'd at least feel sorry for him if he slipped over trying to control a "high dropping ball" (TM Colin Slater)

I think Ardley has been caught up in believing the old model professional player are going to see him over the line..
    If he puts the youth in and fails,he will be hung out to dry..
    So if he puts al the old guard in,that should just about pass and be safe,regardless of whether it will get our survival...
    I honestly hand on heart don’t believe Ardley is a bad manager,I feel he’s been hugely let down by a lot of the senior pro’s around him...
    This is all about opinions and I can’t see past keeping anymore than 10 of our current squad of a million

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    I think Ardley has been caught up in believing the old model professional player are going to see him over the line..
    If he puts the youth in and fails,he will be hung out to dry..
    So if he puts al the old guard in,that should just about pass and be safe,regardless of whether it will get our survival...
    I honestly hand on heart don’t believe Ardley is a bad manager,I feel he’s been hugely let down by a lot of the senior pro’s around him...
    This is all about opinions and I can’t see past keeping anymore than 10 of our current squad of a million
    Good post, Mac-Pie. Heartily agree with you.