+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v Burnley (Easter Monday)

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There's a virtually full page 'Big Match Preview' in the Mail today. It says Chelsea v Burnley at the top of the page, it says Burnley over the likely line ups, and that's it, the only two mentions we get on the page. In the actual preview it's 100% Chelsea, if you just read that, you wouldn't have a clue who they were playing.

I'm not surprised, or even annoyed, it's not the first time by any means you'd think we didn't exist. As far as the nationals are concerned, we're just there to make the numbers up, just the way it is.
    It still annoys me Sinkov, not just my own team getting next to nothing in comments but other underdog teams of the PL getting the same treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There's a virtually full page 'Big Match Preview' in the Mail today. It says Chelsea v Burnley at the top of the page, it says Burnley over the likely line ups, and that's it, the only two mentions we get on the page. In the actual preview it's 100% Chelsea, if you just read that, you wouldn't have a clue who they were playing.

I'm not surprised, or even annoyed, it's not the first time by any means you'd think we didn't exist. As far as the nationals are concerned, we're just there to make the numbers up, just the way it is.
    If we leave their extra man free in the middle of the park it will be one sided, I’ve got my fingers crossed but at home we just couldn’t deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    It still annoys me Sinkov, not just my own team getting next to nothing in comments but other underdog teams of the PL getting the same treatment.
    I've never quite understood what the general media malaise is with Burnley, and it's nothing new by the way. When Blacklaw, Angus, Elder, Adamson, Cummings, Miller, Connelly, McIlroy, Pointer, Robson and Harris et al ruled supreme, we were always second fiddle to Tottenham, Wolves, Liverpool and the second edition of the "Busby Babes". Odd!

Line-ups

Chelsea

1Arrizabalaga
    28Azpilicueta
    27Christensen
    30David Luiz
    33Emerson
    7Kanté
    5Jorginho
    12Loftus-Cheek
    20Hudson-Odoi
    9Higuaín
    10E Hazard

Substitutes

8Barkley
    11Pedro
    13Caballero
    17Kovacic
    18Giroud
    21Zappacosta
    24Cahill

Burnley

1Heaton
    2Lowton
    5Tarkowski
    6Mee
    3Taylor
    13Hendrick
    18Westwood
    4Cork
    31McNeil
    10Barnes
    11Wood

Substitutes

7Berg Gudmundsson
    12Brady
    14Gibson
    20Hart
    23Ward
    27Vydra
    28Long

Referee: Kevin Friend

Who is Chelsea playing ? Been on 10 minutes and Chelsea has got a few mentions along with Arsenal, Man City, Everton, Man Utd, Oh I see it, the Burnley crest behind Jamie Carragher

6mins and we're pinned back - Mee clears off the line....then out of nowhere.

Hendick - Goal !

Chelsea 0 Burnley 1 Hendrick 8 mins

Evening Norder, we need to get at them now, sit back and we will regret it.

Chelsea 1 Burnley 1

In the build up play we should have had a free kick for a Chelsea man jumping into Westwood

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    Evening Norder, we need to get at them now, sit back and we will regret it.
    hey-ho...Alto - Chelsea all over us....and just responded with a goal - playing in a different league.

there goes the 2nd !

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)