+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v Burnley (Easter Monday)

Chelsea v Burnley (Easter Monday)

About time we put on a show for the TV Camera's

Quote Originally Posted by Altobelli View Post
    About time we put on a show for the TV Camera's
    no problem - Alto......just need the blues to play like pensioners.....slow their game, no zippy passing and allow us plenty of the ball - we'll look the biz !

I just can't make any serious contribution to these preview threads any more. I have no idea how we are going to perform, we might cause them untold problems, we might get over-run, it depends which Burnley turns up. A year or two ago you knew what you'd get from us, journos used to say 'One thing you know with Burnley, they always turn up'. Not anymore they don't.

27 points from 15 games suggests we are turning up more often then not, of late.

Yep Warminster - since Christmas we have got our team back.

And last time we were on telly we beat Spurs.

Fingers crossed....

What could possibly go wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by warminsterclaret View Post
    27 points from 15 games suggests we are turning up more often then not, of late.
    Yes, that we've turned the season round is indisputable, it's the unpredictability I'm talking about. In the midst of the revival we threw one in at Newcastle, we were abysmal against Palace, shocking against ten men Leicester, then played Bournemouth off the park. Who knows what sort of performance we can expect tonight, all I'm saying is that I couldn't begin to make a prediction, I have no idea.

I know Man City are on a long winning run, but they've failed to win 5 times on the road this season in the league. That's 31.25% of away games that they've failed to pick up 3 points. The pressure is very much on them, not us. If we could just get our noses in front...

Oops. This is the Chelsea, not Man City thread. Apologies )

If Sean can keep the same intensity in the team now we are almost safe then I am cautiously optimistic of tonight's game.

Chelsea are very unpredictable (0-4 at Bournemouth for example). A win will remove any lingering doubts of relegation so the lads should be up for it.And, of course, we did them at Stamford Bridge last season.

And City are not unbeatable. They have to go to Old Trafford on Wednesday so it may be difficult to raise their game again against us.
    And remember, in each of our Prem seasons we have beaten the reigning champions.

There's a virtually full page 'Big Match Preview' in the Mail today. It says Chelsea v Burnley at the top of the page, it says Burnley over the likely line ups, and that's it, the only two mentions we get on the page. In the actual preview it's 100% Chelsea, if you just read that, you wouldn't have a clue who they were playing.

I'm not surprised, or even annoyed, it's not the first time by any means you'd think we didn't exist. As far as the nationals are concerned, we're just there to make the numbers up, just the way it is.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)