+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: should we .....

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    I don't envy Mansfield at all but at the same time this thread is sad. I don't think you can take the piss out of teams going up when you're getting relegated out of the league, stuff like this makes us look tinpot. Good luck to them and we'll be back one day. Or not ha ha.
    Agreed, but as we're not down YET I'm going to try and enjoy what might be the last week or two

I agree this thread is disrespectful to Mansfield. And you also have to consider the effect on house prices.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Agreed, but as we're not down YET I'm going to try and enjoy what might be the last week or two
    True mate, it's not over yet. I guess I've just accepted it to give me longer to get used to it or to heighten the ecstasy if we do stay up. Either way I feel I'm prepared ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    True mate, it's not over yet. I guess I've just accepted it to give me longer to get used to it or to heighten the ecstasy if we do stay up. Either way I feel I'm prepared ha ha.
    I hope ecstasy from just a personal fans view crazy..
    Too many years of hurt and if we survive it’s one heck of a lucky escape,because let’s be fair,we don’t deserve to stay up with what the players have served up...
    The fans however deserve better...
    And yes I will celebrate our survival like winning a World Cup..

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    I hope ecstasy from just a personal fans view crazy..
    Too many years of hurt and if we survive it’s one heck of a lucky escape,because let’s be fair,we don’t deserve to stay up with what the players have served up...
    The fans however deserve better...
    And yes I will celebrate our survival like winning a World Cup..
    I agree Mac I would celebrate like we'd won the league. I think this season has been really soul destroying so if we stay up then at least we don't have the hurdle of non league to get back from as it's not certain what would happen. We'd also have a good chance of being bought which I currently think is our biggest issue at present although hopefully this isn't as big a concern as I think. You're right though, the fans have been absolutely amazing this season, the attendance figures alone make me proud and when other clubs are giving it the big one against us, I bet they wish they had as good a support base.

Time and again we've been promised the world and been left with a set of jokers in charge, going from one mess up to the next. We really have been, for the last 20 years pretty much, had season after season of disappointment whilst other clubs we used to be at the same level have gone on to do great things. Honestly no offence intended but when we can't even beat Morecambe, Exeter or compete with Forest Green Rovers it makes me sick.

We deserve more.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Yeah we have a really nice ground, one of the nicest outside of the Championship and will certainly be one of the best if not the best in none league football. League standings seldom come down to how nice a ground is, if it did Darlington would be Premier League instead of where they are now, I couldn’t tell you if they still exist, suppose we might find out next season when we are looking at our FA Trophy fixtures.
    It’s embarrassing that some choose to deflect our own inadequacies on to our not so illustrious neighbours, sounds familiar, sounds like the reason so many Notts fans don’t like Forest. I am envious of Mansfield. They are heading in the right direction whilst we drift from one catastrophe to the next. The odds are stacked on there being 2 divisions between us and Mansfield come May. So why insult them?
    Agreed. The hypocrisy of accusing Forest fans of patronising arrogance is staggering and embarrassing. Mansfield are making the most of what they have and good luck to them. History shows that whenever Notts have had the world at their feet we’ve always managed to trip over it😡

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Yeah we have a really nice ground, one of the nicest outside of the Championship and will certainly be one of the best if not the best in none league football. League standings seldom come down to how nice a ground is, if it did Darlington would be Premier League instead of where they are now, I couldn’t tell you if they still exist, suppose we might find out next season when we are looking at our FA Trophy fixtures.
    It’s embarrassing that some choose to deflect our own inadequacies on to our not so illustrious neighbours, sounds familiar, sounds like the reason so many Notts fans don’t like Forest. I am envious of Mansfield. They are heading in the right direction whilst we drift from one catastrophe to the next. The odds are stacked on there being 2 divisions between us and Mansfield come May. So why insult them?
    what would you want me to do Notts 78 ?
    would you prefer me to put on a yellow and blue kit and marry my sister to honour the remarkable achievement of our neighbours ??!!
    or dwell in sorrow in the season of our misfortunes !!!
    Tie yellow scarfs tightly around my genitals whip and beat me with poison Ivy for I have sinned .............

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Lend Mansfield our ground next season ....?
    As we are going down and they are going up , should we do them a big Favour and let them have a nice ground to play in, worthy of League one football.
    Would that be whilst we are playing at Basford utd ground....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123