+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: should we .....

should we .....

Lend Mansfield our ground next season ....?
    As we are going down and they are going up , should we do them a big Favour and let them have a nice ground to play in, worthy of League one football.

hell why not it'll only be for a year anyways

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Hold on, are you suggesting they are not the new Bournemouth? That's a bit outrageous of you.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    it will indeed ..
    in fact it will end in tears but I feel for their fans having to play league on Footy in a stadium with only three sides.
    Its an insult to league one football and all visiting fans.!
    why not let them enjoy a fantastic stadium whilst they are enjoying their halcyon days.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Hold on, are you suggesting they are not the new Bournemouth? That's a bit outrageous of you.
    they're not even the new afc wimbledon they still arent up yet anyway and if you look at the fixtures it could all come down to a shoot out in their final match with mkdons bury just need to keep winning and itll all come down to that game on the final day
    playoffs and its anyones guess who goes up tranmere looked unbeatable until about a week ago and forest green are in form and exeter have playoff heartbreak to put right

Yeah we have a really nice ground, one of the nicest outside of the Championship and will certainly be one of the best if not the best in none league football. League standings seldom come down to how nice a ground is, if it did Darlington would be Premier League instead of where they are now, I couldn’t tell you if they still exist, suppose we might find out next season when we are looking at our FA Trophy fixtures.
    It’s embarrassing that some choose to deflect our own inadequacies on to our not so illustrious neighbours, sounds familiar, sounds like the reason so many Notts fans don’t like Forest. I am envious of Mansfield. They are heading in the right direction whilst we drift from one catastrophe to the next. The odds are stacked on there being 2 divisions between us and Mansfield come May. So why insult them?

He He He, is that the best you lot can come up with?

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    It’s embarrassing that some choose to deflect our own inadequacies on to our not so illustrious neighbours, sounds familiar, sounds like the reason so many Notts fans don’t like Forest. I am envious of Mansfield. They are heading in the right direction whilst we drift from one catastrophe to the next. The odds are stacked on there being 2 divisions between us and Mansfield come May. So why insult them?
    Totally agree,I would love to be where they are now and only have three sides of a ground,do you think that Stags will give a f@#k what their local rivals who are bottom of league two think? Good luck to them I say,so what if they only last a season in League one it's better than a season in the conference with better teams to play,better atmosphere and larger attendances

Enjoying thee humour of this thread, seriously though, If you go down do you think you will open all 4 sides of the ground next year, most of the away followings are pitiful, we had 8 away fans at one game, 15 at another and quite a few in the 30 to 70 range. It would probably be very uneconomical to open the away side on the vast majority of matches.

Not going down so not an issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast