+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tykesmad Player Of The Season Poll

Pinnock with Davies runner up

Pinnock for me been a rock and will be hard to keep hold of next season!!!!

Davies followed by Pinnock.
    Davies has just improved every game this season. Best stopper outside the Prem and better than some in it. Even his kicking had improved and as for those saves against Shrewsbury... outstanding performance.
    Pinnock had been a rock and I believe one of the best defenders we've ever had. Never loses his head or headers and is Mister Cool personified. He's going to be very hard to replace when he moves on to bigger and better things. Probably my favourite player but I'm still going for Davies.

From what av sin o Pinnock he looks classy. However, he does lose concentration the odd times which will be costly the higher you go in football cos strikers don't pass up these opportunities. Him and Lindsay despite their different styles of play complement each other and work well in tandem.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Ethan Pinnock for me .
    Got to be.
    Every game this season has been built on the rock solid performance he provides.

The good thing is that there are 5 or 6 in with a shout.
    That says that it has been a real team effort.
    We have kept so many clean sheets mainly down to Davies, Pinnock & Lindsay. Mowatt has been brilliant most games, and we've got 2 strikers with 18 goals each despite both missing plenty of games through injury. Cavare also deserves a mention for turning things round after a shaky spell before Xmas. Some of his performances have been really eye catching.

I think as a goalie getting 19 clean sheets ought be recognized but it's a toss up Davies or pinnock fr me

“With a 4-2 victory over Fleetwood Town at Oakwell, The Reds continue to fail to collect a clean sheet without Liam Lindsay in the side since his arrival in the summer of 2017”

This stat shows that Lindsay makes the centre back partnership work and protects Davies better! You can’t argue with the stats!

Mowatt all day long for me easily the best midfielder in the division and how many player of the month awards has he been given is it 5?

Mowatt

Shouldnt we also give a special mention to Jacob Brown for how well hes done since making his first team debut this season. Hes really taken his chance well and scored some very important goals as well.
    And as Id criticised him a lot during our relegation struggles, Ive got to give Adam Davies all the credit again this season as hes gone back to his best again at times.
    People tend to go for attack minded creators or goalscorers rather than defenders dont they ?, and as a result here Id be happy to vote for Alex Mowatt... only just ahead of Ethan Pinnock.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast