+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FAO BT (Health Warning, Politics)

FAO BT (Health Warning, Politics)

With the Tory Party disintegrating before his eyes, this is the Easter Email from Tory Party Chairman Brandon Lewis to Party members.

"You might celebrate the religious side of the holiday. Or you might just enjoy the chocolate. But however you choose to spend your time, I hope you have a great Easter. It’s hard to believe we’re already this far into the year. In just over a week, we will have local elections across much of England. When you’re recycling your Easter egg boxes, remember that Conservative councils across the country recycle more than Labour ones. That’s one more reason to vote Conservative on the 2nd of May.
    Happy Easter!"

This is genuine BT, I haven't made this up. With the rather pressing problem of what to do about their glorious leader trashing their party and the country, Brandon wants Tory canvassers to knock on people's doors and talk about re-cycling. You know I am by no means a lefty BT, but quite honestly I sometimes think we might be better off with a Labour government than this lot.

While I was out door knocking I was chatting to a lady who had always voted Tory - but not any more.

Who should come up the path but the Tory candidate for the local election.

His opening gambit was "Look, I know the national Tory party are shocking but don't take it out of the local party"

I just let them have a very interesting conversation and then departed with a warm feeling inside.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post

His opening gambit was "Look, I know the national Tory party are shocking but don't take it out of the local party"
    It's a fair point point 59, but politics doesn't work like that does it, they'll only take notice in Westminster when the howls of anguish from the local party members are loud enough. A good kicking works wonders, although May seems to be in her own little world, I doubt even annihilation at the local and Euro elections will get through to her, but it might be enough to inspire the men in grey suits to pay her a visit. But that's their problem, me and you aren't going to lose any sleep over it are we.

Here in downtown Bolton we have no trams whatsoever, virtually no trains, a greatly reduced fire service, literally no police to dash to 999 calls, local NHS services being sold off, zero hour contracts, government interference in privatisation of green sites, it's a real ****e show and still the idiotic middle class will still vote for the Tories. Beam me up Scotty?

BT, you are a successful local businessman.

By all definitions you are middle class.

Too many divisions in our society - let's not reopen the class one as well. You have plenty of money - many don't. This doesn't make you a bad person.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    and still the idiotic middle class will still vote for the Tories. Beam me up Scotty?
    Wait and see BT, I think the middle classes are waking up to the fact that this lot aren't Tories at all, and if they want proper Tories like what the saintly Margaret was, then they can whistle, they virtually don't exist any more, the poor buggers are disenfranchised. This is how despairing they've become,

"Nigel Farage is the second most popular choice among Conservative Party councillors to be the next Tory leader, a new poll has found."

And no, it's not April 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    BT, you are a successful local businessman.

By all definitions you are middle class.

Too many divisions in our society - let's not reopen the class one as well. You have plenty of money - many don't. This doesn't make you a bad person.
    Getting off your arse and scavenging in the real world does not make me middle class, just protective of me and my family. We are living in a class society, the aristocracy still own 90% of the land in the UK and the phooking eejits still turn up in their thousands and wave their Union Jacks at the first sight of anything royal.

Attachment 12437

Getting off your arse and scavenging in the real world does not make me middle class, just protective of me and my family. We are living in a class society, the aristocracy still own 90% of the land in the UK and the phooking eejits still turn up in their thousands and wave their Union Jacks at the first sight of anything royal.

Attachment 12437
    I despair, what is society coming to when even royalty can't be arsed to wear a tie in public ? At least he's tucked his shirt into his pants, for which small mercy I suppose we should be thankful.

a greatly reduced fire service,
    Indeed you will have BT, same over here as well, reduced fire service in Blackburn, Burnley and Accrington, I don't have the figures but I expect the same applies nationwide. And the main reason, a greatly reduced number of fires. I well remember in the late 90s loading the fire engine up with smoke detectors and fitting them for free in households all over Nelson, if you wanted one, all you had to do was ring up and ask. I can also remember one of my more cynical colleagues hating the task, forever moaning "doing ourselves out of a job here lads".

Cynical he may have been, but he wasn't wrong.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)