+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Message for Mr Stewart & Mr Warne

Message for Mr Stewart & Mr Warne

Dear Tony and Paul....

Some of our "Fans" are attention-seeking,insensitive or just plain thick,on their behalf I apologise to you both,they can`t help it.

Tony,I appreciate your enthusiasm and ambition,and I hope you are coping with your recent tragedy,please stick around with us for many years to come.

Paul,anyone with half a brain can see you have done brilliantly this season,and hopefully you can still keep us up,in this your second full season as a manager,but obviously if you need some advice as to how it should be done,just pop back on here and I`m sure you`ll learn where you`re going wrong.

UTM TLC.

Yes - disappointments are transient - both have shown major commitment to our beloved club

Obviously I'm not allowed an opinion unless it's to arse the chairman. All I've said is Rotherham should have strengthened in the Jan transfer window with maybe two loan signing until the end of season. Maybe the difference between staying up or going down.

OK by me for opinions to be aired - suspect transfer difficulties are down to excessive wage demands by some. Crooks looks very promising. With the smallest budget it was always a major ask. Makes Burton Albion’s stay at this level look even more impressive

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Obviously I'm not allowed an opinion unless it's to arse the chairman. All I've said is Rotherham should have strengthened in the Jan transfer window with maybe two loan signing until the end of season. Maybe the difference between staying up or going down.
    I don't think you're wrong with that and I think that most would agree with it. It's a frustration on our part as fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    I would have loved a couple of signings in January, maybe the players needed just weren’t available or didn’t want to become part of a relegation battle and chose to go to another more high profile club with a more high profile manager.
    As I understand it we was interested in bringing Colin Quaner in on loan from Huddersfield. Quaner signed for Ipswich, 14 games and 3 goals, rest of Ipswich signings didn’t work out either.
    If we had done the same the club would have been crucified by some on here.
    Fine lines between success and failure when you sign any player.

At least there will be a top five budget next season in league one.

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Dear Tony and Paul....

Some of our "Fans" are attention-seeking,insensitive or just plain thick,on their behalf I apologise to you both,they can`t help it.

Tony,I appreciate your enthusiasm and ambition,and I hope you are coping with your recent tragedy,please stick around with us for many years to come.

Paul,anyone with half a brain can see you have done brilliantly this season,and hopefully you can still keep us up,in this your second full season as a manager,but obviously if you need some advice as to how it should be done,just pop back on here and I`m sure you`ll learn where you`re going wrong.

UTM TLC.
    Just out of interest Towner, in your view is it possible to criticise the club, chairman, manager, recruitment team in areas where, in the poster's opinion, there are,or have been, shortcomings. Whilst at the same time accepting all the good things and not for one minute wanting a change on personnel? Or do you think that only the good things should be discussed?

Quote Originally Posted by Townerslovechild View Post
    Dear Tony and Paul....

UTM TLC.
    As you've started this thread I guess you must class yourself as "attention seeking" or does irony just pass you by?
    I agree with you about Tony Stewart's enthusiasm but a lot of us have no idea what his ambition is. As you've thanked him for it perhaps you could enlighten us?

Criticism is absolutely fine,both manager and chairman have made mistakes,and will continue to do so,that`s what humans do,but some people on here can`t wait for us to fail,they seem to love it.
    And there`s plenty who criticise for the sake of it,maybe we should all try and be a bit more "Warne",you`ll live longer and enjoy life more.

Keep doing what you’re doing Tony & Paul. Keep financial stability at the club for as long as possible. Keep employing people who rely on the club for their livelihood. Keep on paying suppliers who rely on the club for some of their income. Keep on paying HMRC. Keep on having reasonable prices for season tickets and reasonable pay on the day prices. Keep on paying the players on time.
    Forget the Premiership concentrate on League 1 and occasionally the Championship.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast