+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Caretaker Managers

Caretaker Managers

Never make one permanent, it always ends in tears, eh Ole.

“Ole’s at the wheel”

Driving like Ayrton Senna at Imola.

The question surely is if the club planned properly who would be their Manager/head coach.

Man U probably the richest club in the world Ole Gunner as Manager when they need to go through a massive change of personnel, you are having a laugh. Can’t stand Mourinho but the Board didn’t back him in the power struggle between players and Manager and so he had to go, as did the previous Managers.

Look at us with planning, Moore or Sham as Manager/head coach. Having a laugh, just shows how poor we are at planning. As soon as the senior players start taking over the club seems to back them rather than the Boss. They got Moore, Pulis and Pardew the sack and will do the same with Shan in my option.

Players have far too much power and unless Boards are prepared to totally back the Boss, not just in money, then the players run the club rather than the Boss which is a recipe for disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    The question surely is if the club planned properly who would be their Manager/head coach.

Man U probably the richest club in the world Ole Gunner as Manager when they need to go through a massive change of personnel, you are having a laugh. Can’t stand Mourinho but the Board didn’t back him in the power struggle between players and Manager and so he had to go, as did the previous Managers.

Look at us with planning, Moore or Sham as Manager/head coach. Having a laugh, just shows how poor we are at planning. As soon as the senior players start taking over the club seems to back them rather than the Boss. They got Moore, Pulis and Pardew the sack and will do the same with Shan in my option.

Players have far too much power and unless Boards are prepared to totally back the Boss, not just in money, then the players run the club rather than the Boss which is a recipe for disaster.
    Sentiment is what gives them the job plus players opening their traps. Can’t for the life of me understand why Ole got the job before the end of the season - it was because of the lucky win in Paris and super mouth Pogba.

Same with us - DM got the job out of sentiment and players opening traps such as Foster blah blah blah. Same with Shan - all of a sudden he’s the new Pepe, Fact is Shan was the very cheap option because of a clueless board and the backing of players like Brunt and Mozza who are past it! Shan will get it in the back if we don’t get through the play offs but the real culprit Jenkins will be on a beach not giving two s hits about West Brom fans....

Just can’t see us beating Vile in the play offs as Smith will outwit Shan with experience and technical know how. In life - the old saying is so true - you get what you pay for!!!

Darren Moore was thick and pig ignorant in his attitudes, he's already proved that by saying if he were still in the job he wouldn't have changed a thing. Shan has already shown he is more astute by making quick changes and turning games around...ok he's not Pep or even a Pepe but he is learning every game and he keeps beating teams managed by people that were touted as good enough for WBA another one bit the dust (reminds me of a song) when we beat Hull.

I think the situation is slightly different with Shan's appointment and they have allowed him to bring in his good friend and ex baggies man Steven Reid, they have both worked under Steve Clarke and more so under Roy Hodgson, I can only see a recipe for a very good managment partnership and unless the board make another cock up will stay on to do the job into the Premiership after we've put the Vile in their place.

I pray to providence that they get the spiritual backing of the club and more importantly some financial backing to improve the squad, then we will have our own young management team blossoming to great things.
    The idea of the players running the show, well I would be disappointed if the more experienced players did NOT have an input especially the skipper, it just shows they are all pulling in the same direction and mainly getting the right results.

We've had some big names here in recent years and some big flops with them, it's time now for our own fresh faces with fresh ideas, young men who played and coached in a better era than we are at the moment.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)