+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: it's going to go to the last game

it's going to go to the last game

mathmatically anyway.

tomorrows game is the only game I can see us realistically get anything (unless middlesbrough rest players for the play offs)

same for millwall I can't see them getting anything untill the last game of the season against wigan.

Quote Originally Posted by welovebooth View Post
    mathmatically anyway.

tomorrows game is the only game I can see us realistically get anything (unless middlesbrough rest players for the play offs)

same for millwall I can't see them getting anything untill the last game of the season against wigan.
    It certainly could go to the last game but mathematically we could go into the last game already relegated or already safe

I think we'll get relegated at West Brom but hope im wrong. I know one thing for certain, we don't win tomorrow then its curtains.

It’s looking that way.

Our goal difference doesn’t help neither does the fact that Wigan and Millwall play each other on the last game of the season.

I think Millwall and Wigan will both pick up at least four points each from their remaining games, meaning we can only realistically finish higher than Millwall. Doable but unlikely.
    All those frigging dropped points, the draws that should have been wins, the negative tactics away from home, the poor form over Christmas, losing at Bolton and Ipswich. So close yet so far 😥😩

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    It’s looking that way.

Our goal difference doesn’t help neither does the fact that Wigan and Millwall play each other on the last game of the season.
    In the unlikely event that we win our next 2 games, Wigan lose their next 2 and Millwall lose their next 3 then the fact that Millwall and Wigan play each other would mean that we would have avoided relegation regardless of the final game results.
    Obviously it could also work against us depending how the next couple of results fall

Quote Originally Posted by Hazza Has A Gazza View Post
    I think Millwall and Wigan will both pick up at least four points each from their remaining games, meaning we can only realistically finish higher than Millwall. Doable but unlikely.
    All those frigging dropped points, the draws that should have been wins, the negative tactics away from home, the poor form over Christmas, losing at Bolton and Ipswich. So close yet so far 
    Inability to beat those around us.
    February did it for me, 5 games and 5 draws says it all. Inability to beat Wigan and conceding a late goal to the Owls at NYS sums up my season.
    Should be all over by 5pm at West Brom although I still hope it goes to the last match, unlikely as that is.

In my opinion, we were relegated on Friday. Throwing away a lead twice at Swansea did for us. Millwall getting a point against Brentford earlier on didn't help. Leeds somehow losing at home to Wigan was the final nail in the coffin.

Well, that's how I felt at the time. I still think it really. I still hold out a tiny bit of hope though. We must, must, MUST beat Vermingham. If not, it's all over. We will lose at West Brom. If we beat Vermingham, we might just take it down to the last game. Please.

Its not over yet lads, and Millwall have already lost today at the form team Aston Villingham.

Unfortunately I don’t think it is going to go to the last game.

I think the Swansea game emptied the tank.

We gave it a good go but not to be I am afraid.

We just don’t have the in depth quality nor the budget to compete at this level and I don’t want the club to go bankrupt throwing money at it. We’ve been there....well nearly. It’s the hope that kills you though.

Thanks to everyone for their comments and we will see what next season brings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast