+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chelsea v Burnley....

Chelsea v Burnley....

This game is live on Sky One tomorrow for those of you who haven't got a subscription to the sports channels and fancy some Monday night football

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    This game is live on Sky One tomorrow for those of you who haven't got a subscription to the sports channels and fancy some Monday night football
    No Notts Florist kid, I dont fancy either Chelski or Burnsley, but thanks for the tip anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    No Notts Florist kid, I dont fancy either Chelski or Burnsley, but thanks for the tip anyway.
    Agree with the sentiment but did you have the same attitude when Barnsley were up there as the sacrificial lamb. How many people even remember. Teams like Barnsley Bradford etc are used to give the PL validity. If I was very cynical I’d say Leicester winning th PL was a real PR coup...😜

It can't be worse than Everton Man United earlier. How **** are United now?

It may be the Prem but the parallels with Notts are there for all to see. OGS=Nolan/Ardley

1) Jose / Kewell says they are crap.
    2) Nolan / Ardley reckon they need an arm round their shoulder
    3) They win a few games
    4) They revert to being crap.

Jamie Carragher said Matic looked like he was pulling a caravan. That reminds me of half our squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

It may be the Prem but the parallels with Notts are there for all to see. OGS=Nolan/Ardley

3) They win a few games

Jamie Carragher said Matic looked like he was pulling a caravan. That reminds me of half our squad.
    No matter how bad United get and move away from the “glory” days, I will never tire of seeing them get stuffed. I thought Young and Jones’ comedy defending against Barcelona was funny enough, but today was even better. Keep up the good work Ole. Funnily enough, the plastic football fan at work who started wearing a United shirt with OGS on the back in February hasn’t worn it much in recent weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    No matter how bad United get and move away from the “glory” days, I will never tire of seeing them get stuffed. I thought Young and Jones’ comedy defending against Barcelona was funny enough, but today was even better. Keep up the good work Ole. Funnily enough, the plastic football fan at work who started wearing a United shirt with OGS on the back in February hasn’t worn it much in recent weeks.
    You say that, but I haven't found match going United fans to be like that. I knew one from Boston who I worked with and one I went to college with and both were far preferable to the majority of Forest fans I knew. When they were in Division Two (I saw Notts play them home and away) they still got huge crowds, unlike City, Newcastle, Chelsea and the Scum over the river - we got more fans in a Division 3 season than them at the time. So United's cash is from their fans and City's is from oil.

46 thousand v Notts to be precise. Anyone else in the Scoreboard End that day?

http://carousel.royalwebhosting.net/utm/ncfc7475.html

manchester united L 0-1 46 565 McIlroy 16

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

3) They win a few games

Wasn’t it Gary Brazil who took over from Allardyce, did well as caretaker and then when he got the job it all went to shyte?? Even if it wasn’t, the principle of caretaker managers doing well until they’re confirmed still stands, but it’s never been so convincingly been played out as in OGS’s case.

York and Man Utd in the same league! Oh for those days and team again.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    Wasn’t it Gary Brazil who took over from Allardyce, did well as caretaker and then when he got the job it all went to shyte?? Even if it wasn’t, the principle of caretaker managers doing well until they’re confirmed still stands, but it’s never been so convincingly been played out as in OGS’s case.
    Kiwomya was awful as caretaker manager for ages but Trew waited until he got a couple of half decent results then pounced and gave it him full time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast