+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Interviews form yesterday

Interviews form yesterday

Well Ritchie is away....

I thought so when I saw the interview, Mick.

Aye.

Ties in with all the rumours in hte press and other stuff people at club have said.

Shame...he was excellent yesterday and works very well in Rafa's new system.

I've listened to the three interviews and they're all as I would expect when players and manager are put on the spot.

Lascelles basically gave nothing more than expected. Basically a fairly positive interview without giving any inside info away and concentrating on the game and what's left of the season and the togetherness of the squad and Rafa, etc.

Rafa gave a very simple and to the point interview, mainly sticking to team affairs and basically saying he's after winning something which I would expect any manager to want to do.
    Obviously it appears he's throwing out the hint to the hierarchy at the club that he wants to compete with the big boys and challenge for honours, which I would expect a manager like him to say and I would expect him to ask for funds to build on what he has.

It's too hard to read into as to what he wants and what the club are willing to sanction as to whether he carries on or is willing to walk.
    All anyone can do is speculate on all and any of it if they have no inside legitimate info.

As for Ritchie. I think he's just covering his own aris and likely waiting to see if he is part of any integral plans for the new season, because, let's face it, if the players don't know what's happening as regards the manager then they're not going to know if they will be part of a set up in the coming new season.

But you know what?....This is what makes it all more intense and creates talking points and heated debates at times, which is what it's all about between fans, whether it's in the house or the pub or the internet or the ground itself, etc.

Saddest part of all of those interviews is Rafa saying he wants to compete but "you can see we don't compete in transfer fees or wages"
    This will never change with this regime even though we are in the worlds top 20 richest clubs in terms of turn over. If we have the funds ffs invest them and if we don't have the funds we are getting fleeced by Ashley and Co. Nothing new I know but still sad

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)