+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Big mistake ?

Big mistake ?

I never really understood why they gave Olle the job when they did, the results were always going to tail off, and he wasn't going anywhere, they could have waited until the end of the season and assessed the situation. But no, they couldn't wait, in they jump, and now they're back in crisis, but they can't sack the manager, they're lumbered with him.

And that performance today was a disgrace, some of those players should never be wearing the shirt again, including Mr Pogba, who spent 90 minutes wandering up and down like he hadn't a care in the world, what a to$$er.

Yes it was a bit quick to install the baby faced assassin Sinkov, especially after his work as Manager of Cardiff, maybe should have left him with his little team in his own Country.

But I listened to Neville after the game (forget which one as I cannot stand them both), but today he made some sense in that Man Utd need a clear out as he (and you Sinkov) said some seem to not be bothered and stroll around the pitch not giving a flying Phuck, he would not name names though which goes against the grain for me, but said we all know who they are as they are always on Social Media, Well I for one don't know who they are.

I did not watch the game as I have lost interest in the top six, I viewed the Man City 1 Spurs 0 game and got told from Matron to stop swearing as players were rolling about like they had been shot, Sterling near the end would not let Spurs take a free kick as he would not move from the ball (wasting time) and should have been booked but the Ref did F All, 2 minutes later he got in a tangle with Vertonghen and both got booked, again Sterling wasting time, cheats like him should be punished but the powers that be let it go on, they continue to ruin the game

It just serves to remind me that our Little Old Burnley is not that badly run in comparison to ManUre. OGS or SD? A total no-brainer!

The choice for our board BT was Monkey Heyd or Sean, I think even Woodward would have got that one right.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The choice for our board BT was Monkey Heyd or Sean, I think even Woodward would have got that one right.
    Not at all sure about that one sinkov. Without really analysing the figures Woodward must be costing ManUre hundreds of wasted millions - Sanchez, Jones, Mourinho etc, etc.

I'm not defending Woodward BT, I don't follow United closely but the journos that do all seem convinced he doesn't really know what he's doing. He may well have wasted lots of United's money, but on a smaller scale how much did our board waste when they refused to back Sean in his first PL season ? I don't know the exact figures now but that relegation must have cost us at least £100 million in lost turnover, and all it would have taken was a few million on one decent CM in January.

Just on United, imo the main reason Olle turned it round when he arrived was that he had a world class CM in Pogba playing for him, right from his first game. Pogba had a strop on with Mourinho and wasn't turning up, when Olle arrived he was back to his best immediately, running the show like he can do when he wants. Yesterday there were 30 minutes gone before I even noticed he was on the pitch, he's taken his bat home again, and whatever the reason, they can't blame Mourinho this time.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)