+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hoping for a few changes today

Who are Gomez and Gomes? If posters are talking about the lad from Forest that should probably look into a career in athletics as he looks like he's never actually seen a football before then it's a no thanks from me. The choice between a stationary Enzio and a busy Gomis is very easy imo, I'd much rather have the player that could actually do something when the ball is given to him.

I think you might see a couple of changes today if I learned anything from being sat near Chettle at the Ilson game but I would be surprised if Osbourne is one of them, more likely to see Patching if anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    This above is the prevailing analysis & it all makes depressing reading when we are staring over the edge of the cliff.

We have old / slow / ponderous players all over the place. It all seems cramped. There's no movement. No pace. Defenders always seem comfortable against us. And now the odd player or two who are actually performing are either ill or knackered. Unfortunately there does not seem to be any confidence in our massive squad. Perhaps they may offer something a bit different but are they any better? I can't imagine NA making any real changes anyway. He made his bed months ago & has determined to lie in it.

Perhaps something weird will happen today and we somehow get a win - of course we all hope this - but reason strongly goes against it.
    So true. Look at the way Crewe played the other week. They were so fluid with their passing, with players constantly moving off the ball to find space. They looked miles ahead of us in pretty much every way, and this is a mid-table team in the bottom division.

We don't seem to do anything well. We are slow, one-dimensional, and toothless in attack. We never seem to have enough bodies in the box, or enough options going forward. Nobody moves off the ball, and even if they did, there's nobody to pick them out. It's like nobody expects anyone to make a run. We offer no real threat in the air, and we rarely get in behind defenders.

The strange thing is, many of our players have been highly rated elsewhere. It's not like we've thrown together a group of youngsters or castoffs. This is a team containing senior pros, 'leaders', highly rated attackers, etc. Yet collectively, they offer nothing. I've never seen a group of players and manager so clearly out of ideas.

Let's hope something miraculous happens today and it all just clicks. But I can't see it myself.

No inspiration with the line up what so ever. Clueless Ardley

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bob View Post
    No inspiration with the line up what so ever. Clueless Ardley
    Spot on Bob.Useless tw@t

If it works then fair play but when you're desperate for wins going to a 5 at the back system isn't what I'd have done personally.

Doesn't look a good side on paper looks slow and negative, but you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Doesn't look a good side on paper looks slow and negative, but you never know.
    Probably get lucky today & get 1-0 win. Ardley the messiah for some

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Probably get lucky today & get 1-0 win. Ardley the messiah for some
    If by some miracle he keeps us up I'll even buy him an 'I'm the Messiah' t-shirt myself.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Spot on Bob.Useless tw@t
    Bit harsh on Bob that Irish?

They'll be an embarrassment again

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast