+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hoping for a few changes today

Hoping for a few changes today

Anyone else think we are crying out for a few changes to the starting line-up? Ardley has been persevering with the same line-up and formation for weeks now, despite it clearly not working. The midfield three never create anything, the two wide men never get the ball in space, and the striker is always isolated with his back to goal.

Perhaps the Friday-Monday fixtures will force him to make a few changes, which might just give us something different. I'd quit like to see someone like Patching or Kellet (if he's still alive) starting behind the striker. Someone who can actually get the ball, look up, and pick a pass. And get anyone in to replace Enzio as he's clearly the last person in the entire squad that we need in a relegation battle. I'd be tempted to start Gomis as well, even though he's done nothing so far.

We just need something a bit different.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Anyone else think we are crying out for a few changes to the starting line-up? Ardley has been persevering with the same line-up and formation for weeks now, despite it clearly not working. The midfield three never create anything, the two wide men never get the ball in space, and the striker is always isolated with his back to goal.

Perhaps the Friday-Monday fixtures will force him to make a few changes, which might just give us something different. I'd quit like to see someone like Patching or Kellet (if he's still alive) starting behind the striker. Someone who can actually get the ball, look up, and pick a pass. And get anyone in to replace Enzio as he's clearly the last person in the entire squad that we need in a relegation battle. I'd be tempted to start Gomis as well, even though he's done nothing so far.

no chance.
    its to late to be experimenting.
    He will go with the tried and tested even if it has failed us miserably so far.
    He (Ardley) will cling to the hope they can come up with the Carlisle FGR Stevenage kind of results , forgetting the Newport and Cheltenham scores and other poor performances along the way.
    it will be the old men in the middle with no pace up front ...

Think he'll have to. Enzio has been a waste of time for weeks, Hemmings can't train as he has fluid on his knee and Doyle in the sapping heat can't do two in three days.
    There may be a gulf between the U 23's and Div2 but more of the same won't get us two wins.
    We need some dynamism and pace, to break as a team rather than in one's and two's and what he's picking just aren't capable of that.

I would probably start gomez stead and alex then bring hemmings and enzio on early second half if needed hopefully to have the edge over a tired defence. Here's hoping for a win either way

I’d drop enzio and Doyle without a doubt. Hard to find replacements though. Probably go 4-4-2 with hemmings and Gomes up front
    Osbourne left mackail smith on right

Enzio's head has gone, he shouldn't start.
    Nor should Doyle but he will, just must be a contract thing...how he's not been hooked when clearly dead on his feet is just weird otherwise.
    My big worry is Mitch. We need him so praying he can play.
    But I agree with OP, we need something different behind the striker/s

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post

You mention about players passing the ball but that is part of the problem, our forwards & wide men hang around waiting for the ball to be passed to them which is what our midfield players are trying to do, what I would like to see is our Midfield players passing the ball in to spaces for our wide men & forwards to run into and then have the ball in a bit of space unfortunately, none of the players are that intelligent. Good players make the ball do the work - keeping it simple. Fans used to get on to Nobles back for continuously passing the ball in to spaces where there were no Notts forwards perhaps he was a little more intelligent than we took him for!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben the Pie View Post
    Enzio's head has gone, he shouldn't start.
    Nor should Doyle but he will, just must be a contract thing...how he's not been hooked when clearly dead on his feet is just weird otherwise.
    My big worry is Mitch. We need him so praying he can play.
    But I agree with OP, we need something different behind the striker/s
    Agreed. Mitch Rose would be my first name on the team sheet at the moment. He was by far our best midfielder against MKD, despite having a chest infection. I've had chest infections before, and the idea of running about at that level is just insane. The guy's a beast.

Yep slack, totally. Mitch and Jim feel like Notts players to me, but they need a spark ahead of them.

Not sure how Crawley set up but if they play a high line I'd like to see Gomis get a chance.

Nothing against Barclay but if it's a toss up between him and Bird we may as well play Bird seeing as he needs game time.

Wouldn't mind seeing Patching come into the squad either.

Can't think of any other changes I'd like to see off the top of my head.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast