+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Next Season

Next Season

Pretty Almost certain to be in the pub league so what needs to change.
    1st priority in my opinion is a new manager asap,Mcintyre has shown with his team selections and substitutes that he is def not the man for the job,throw in his dabbie connections and its a no brainer,he stays we lose more fans.
    2nd for me would be to rethink the season tic prices,yes we have sold some already but the prices need lowered and those fans who have already purchased need compensated in some way.You cant expect to pay the same for a lower league.
    3rd The board and in particular John Nelms needs to engage with all supporters who contact him,pisses me right off to hear boys on here who have raised thousands of pounds for the club to not even get a reply to emails calls etc.If we are to get out of the championship we need management,players,the board and the fans all together or it will not happen.If these things were addressed it would give us a fighting chance of bouncing straight back up and it could end up a blessing going down as even in the spl we had these issues.
    Sacking McIntrye asap would be a good place to start imo.

a new manager needs to be carefully and skillfully selected mate and the "Laird of Ravensby Hall"(thank you hmac) doesn't have the proper skills to do so,imo

but agree JM needs to be gone asap,agree with the rest,apart from "the laird" as he needs moved to another part of tim keyes structure and by that i mean as far as possible away from Dundee fc
    Last edited by shaded; 22-04-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    a new manager needs to be carefully and skillfully selected mate and the "Laird of Ravensby Hall"(thank you hmac) doesn't have the proper skills to do so,imo

but agree JM needs to be gone asap,agree with the rest,apart from "the laird" as he needs moved to another part of tim keyes structure and by that i mean as far as possible away from Dundee fc
    I agree just think it aint gonna happen

well then we are ffkkdd mate unfortunately

It's even more than that for me, whole place needs gutted.

The first two posts on this string probably sum up my own personal thoughts and feelings. I’ve not bought a season ticket nor been to either of the recent games on my doorstep, neither decision sits well with me but I’m mightily hacked off and I can’t think of any other way to express my disgust at the Team Manager, the Board, players and the MD. I did drop a note to Tim Keyes a couple of weeks ago expressing my views and took the opportunity to bend the ear of another in person. In my opinion we need a new TM, MD, pricing policy for next season and those with collective responsibility within Dens Park also need to stop hiding and start taking responsibility. Re the team I see little other than Ralph, Nelson, Wright and Cammy Kerr worth bothering about for next season. It’s been a shambles, there’s only so much our long suffering support can take, they are being treated with complete contempt. Whatever the problem there is with the Football Trust, I think they should put that behind them too, draw a line and at least try to work together. I’ve never know so many people I regard as long standing loyal Dundee fans to be so disgruntled. Results and poor performances we have all seen before but the spirit has gone, that is something I did not think was possible.

Quote Originally Posted by scottg View Post
    The first two posts on this string probably sum up my own personal thoughts and feelings. I’ve not bought a season ticket nor been to either of the recent games on my doorstep, neither decision sits well with me but I’m mightily hacked off and I can’t think of any other way to express my disgust at the Team Manager, the Board, players and the MD. I did drop a note to Tim Keyes a couple of weeks ago expressing my views and took the opportunity to bend the ear of another in person. In my opinion we need a new TM, MD, pricing policy for next season and those with collective responsibility within Dens Park also need to stop hiding and start taking responsibility. Re the team I see little other than Ralph, Nelson, Wright and Cammy Kerr worth bothering about for next season. It’s been a shambles, there’s only so much our long suffering support can take, they are being treated with complete contempt. Whatever the problem there is with the Football Trust, I think they should put that behind them too, draw a line and at least try to work together. I’ve never know so many people I regard as long standing loyal Dundee fans to be so disgruntled. Results and poor performances we have all seen before but the spirit has gone, that is something I did not think was possible.
    Collective responsibility is well intended but for what I hear the Laird of Ravensby Hall makes the rules and everyone else curtsies.

the "laird of Ravensby hall's" wee red book full of names not to speak too,must by now be bursting at the seams
    by all reports it is his baa and his rules
    how do the rank and file punters address that?

the man is managing to get me to question wether its time to do something else on a saturday! and when you consider that not even jim mclean/the cheat/the fairy and salmon puss came close to achieving that,then thats some achievement.
    Last edited by shaded; 22-04-2019 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    the "laird of Ravensby hall's" wee red book full of names not to speak too,must by now be bursting at the seams
    by all reports it is his baa and his rules
    how do the rank and file punters address that?

the man is managing to get me to question wether its time to do something else on a saturday! and when you consider that not even jim mclean/the cheat/the fairy and salmon puss came close to achieving that,then thats some achievement.
    The only way is to not renew your season ticket. The appointment of McCann and the delay in changing manager destroyed the team. Not convinced by McIntyre in the slightest but he was on a hiding to nothing anyway with the changes he had to make. His biggest bloody fault was making the changes then not playing a good few of these players when available (e.g. Dales, Nelson, Hadenius) and playing others when they should clearly have been sidelined.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)