+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Birmingham

MillersMad Matchthread - The Millers v Birmingham

This won't be our last match in the Championship this season but it could be the last competetive match that we play.

With 3 matches to go and us being the underdogs in all of them we have a mountain to climb. We're getting to that very steep part where one slip will see us fall to our knees and more so out of this division and into League 1.

It really is what was expected of us at the beginning of the season. We were going to struggle to find 3 teams worserer than us but there are more than 3 teams in this league worse than us! We have gone toe to toe with some of the best clubs in the league and gave them a game.

This is what we must do today! At Brum we lost by the biggest score at the time and a hatric I think it was that sank us. That git has found some form again so we'll have to be on our best form at the back to keep him quiet. But then there's that other guy who's worth Millions who's going to be a threat.

Ah well we'll just have to hope that we do the business at the other end. Let's hope that lee Camp has a stinker and that we score one more than they do.

My word, I'm putting a downer on things and I really shouldn't be! Warney has asked us to make some noise to help the team! The club has asked us to wear our favourite shirts so I'm wearing one. Will you?

Can we make that difference today? We have to try don't we? It's our last chance to this season!

We can win this game and hope that the other results go our way. One day our luck will turn! We haven't had that much luck this season so let's call on Lady Luck and hope to god it's not that fat un that sings!

Be interesting to see if he makes any changes from Friday to freshen up the squad. Matt Crooks really ought to start and perhaps it's time to start Ryan Williams or at least introduce his substitutes a little earlier.
    They won't need any motivation for this one.

A difficult afternoon is on the agenda.

Welcome Millersmadsters around the world to a fine Spring morning at the NYS. Hoping for a miracle, and it looks like good conditions for playing football today.

I’m gonna go out on a limb here.
    3-1 millers.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Be interesting to see if he makes any changes from Friday to freshen up the squad. Matt Crooks really ought to start and perhaps it's time to start Ryan Williams or at least introduce his substitutes a little earlier.
    They won't need any motivation for this one.

A difficult afternoon is on the agenda.
    Well, I will stick with my early opinion. If we start with Newell then it's going to be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    I’m gonna go out on a limb here.
    3-1 millers.
    Ambitious - but Brilliant.

Hope you're right Pocket, I'm going 2-1 Millers and squeaky bum time.

3 games left, 9 points available, but really anything less than a win today and the odds will be against us staying up.
    Let's get the NYS rocking and live to fight another day.
    UTM.

It's pure and simply down to the players that hit that turf today. How much do they REALLY want to give?

Already Newell has been sounded out to what if he starts, which I have to echo because for me, this isn't a Newell starting game, last 20 maybe but not to start. Williams - what has he done wrong not to start a game of late? We need a full all out attack to take the game to them and this player can do that. Wether he starts is another thing.

Ajayi needs his BIG game plan head on today and deliver to what we know he can. For me this is his biggest test to three remaining games starting today. Forget the rest of the season, this is where he should look to dominate, cut out his wayward passing and deliver to his best, we know he can do this.

I'm massively apprehensive about today and do we leave elated or deflated? I'm banking more on Villa beating Millwall and West Brom beating Reading to be honest. We then get to fight another day. Come on lads it's in you all, YOU CAN DO THIS! UTM!!!!

The Villa Millwall game being an early kick off could either give us a boost or a kick in the 'nads before we've kicked a ball.
    In recent games the promotion hopefuls have not done us any favours against our relegation rivals.
    Let's hope it's a different story today.
    Come on Grealish you lovely man.
    Come on Baggies - you don't want to be outdone by Villa do you?
    Come on PNE. Realistically nowt to play for except pride. Hopefully the lack of pressure will help you steamroller Wigan.

Obviously, most of all, Come on you Millers!

Staying up is not just in our own hands now but make us proud today and hope for a miracle.

Villa 1 Millwall 0 after 30 minutes.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast